Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

You pick? Barkley or St. Clair?

Trying to figure out where to go or when? Always go to Barkley 1st week of MAy. But for the 3rd year in a row the water is high already. So if you know Barkley The end of apr 1st of May normally means hammer time in the flowers and bushes. But with the water up that will mean no flowers or very few which is what I heard possible no to bad bloom. And this time or year is the tradition spinnerbait over flowers or flippin bite. But that will be extreme hard to time it right. So trying to decide wether to go early to barkley or just go on up to St. Clair? Prespawn big smallies and lots of them sound aweful good! If I can't get my favorite flippin bite down sound. Which is unbelievably disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: You pick? Barkley or St. Clair?

Never been to Barkley.

I would never pass up Lake St Clair in the month of may. I have fished the last weekend of May up there for the last 12 years. 50-100 fish days are the norm. 80% of the fish are smallies 2-4 lbs. Ocasional pike, muskie, walleye, etc. Whether casting crankbaits or pitching tubes, in 3 or 12 ft of water, the lake is full. UNBELIEVABLE FISHERY! We fish the Canada side, Mitchell Bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: You pick? Barkley or St. Clair?

Thanks I can't get dad to go in May he always go up in june. And will not give up Barkley. So we going to Barkley the end of Apr.
    Thanks for the reply. Been to Mitchell Bay The 1st of July and it was dead. Were to late. Caught a few on the sand bar infront of res. a local gave us gps coordinates of an area saved the trip. He like Detriot side beacause of the canal if weather is bad.
    Thanks