Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Flaming Gorge Utah

Saw a show on FF that was filmed at Flaming Gorge Utah. The Tail waters of the Green River ! Looked like a beautiful place !

I thought to myself ! " Brother Rich will be a Guiding there one day ! " I might just get to go fish there sometime ! What was the password ???

" Chartreuse Hedgehog " I'M In !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flaming Gorge Utah

LOL! My favorite place in the WORLD! Not to mention that Flaming Gorge has some AMAZING small mouth fishing to boot....plus HUGE lakers. That section of the Green River from the Dam to Little Hole is just flat out AMAZING! So many big fish. And during the summer months, when the cicadas and mormon crickets are on ......throwing big old terrestrials......doesn't get better!

Can't wait to get our house sold and moved back out that direction. All of you guys are more than welcome to join me anytime......just use the password, lol!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've talked to Rich about this in another thread - my main fishing buddy and I had a streak of going out to the Green below Flaming Gorge Dam for about 5-6 years in a row. The first few years we did on the cheap - camping and wade fishing. Then we brought our wives and got guides and stayed in the FG Lodge. Though it was expensive, the float fishing experience was AWESOME. We did two different floats - The "A" Section from the dam down to Little Hole; and the "B" section from Little Hole down to God-knows-where maybe around the UT/CO border.

Incredible scenery and incredible fishing. Big, wild, hard-fighting fish. Also, it was not that ultra-technical of fishing. Mainly fished with nymphs or scuds, or as Rich pointed out - big terrestrials and cicadas depending on time of year.

Man, I was all excited about the farm pond fishing I have planned for tomorrow afternoon, now I'm going to be pining away for the GREEN!

That's alright, gives me something to strive for. Don't know when I'll get out there again, but I will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrasser View Post
    I think I've talked to Rich about this in another thread - my main fishing buddy and I had a streak of going out to the Green below Flaming Gorge Dam for about 5-6 years in a row. The first few years we did on the cheap - camping and wade fishing. Then we brought our wives and got guides and stayed in the FG Lodge. Though it was expensive, the float fishing experience was AWESOME. We did two different floats - The "A" Section from the dam down to Little Hole; and the "B" section from Little Hole down to God-knows-where maybe around the UT/CO border.

Incredible scenery and incredible fishing. Big, wild, hard-fighting fish. Also, it was not that ultra-technical of fishing. Mainly fished with nymphs or scuds, or as Rich pointed out - big terrestrials and cicadas depending on time of year.

Man, I was all excited about the farm pond fishing I have planned for tomorrow afternoon, now I'm going to be pining away for the GREEN!

That's alright, gives me something to strive for. Don't know when I'll get out there again, but I will.
    That settles it then ! I HAVE TO GO !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well fellas...just talked to my big bro, and since we are flying out to UT to visit family the first two weeks of June....well, we are planning our fishing trip to boot! Looks like we will be going to the Green @ Little hole for a couple days, then swing up to fish some reserviors on the pontoons for bigg'ins (Matt Warner, etc)the next day, then swing the pontoons by the "Gorge" and tear up some bows and smallies to cap it all off. CAN'T WAIT!!! Let the fly tying madness begin! Lets see.........I'll need 40+ #14 BH Hares Ears, 20+ #10 BH Buggers in each color(black,brown,white,maroon), then I'll need 20+ #20 serendipities, 20+ #20 WD40s, 20+ #20 zebras.....etc., etc. I guess I better get started! LOL!

Anybody want to join us? Looks like the second week of June (7-11)??? You are more than welcome.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Well fellas...just talked to my big bro, and since we are flying out to UT to visit family the first two weeks of June....well, we are planning our fishing trip to boot! Looks like we will be going to the Green @ Little hole for a couple days, then swing up to fish some reserviors on the pontoons for bigg'ins (Matt Warner, etc)the next day, then swing the pontoons by the "Gorge" and tear up some bows and smallies to cap it all off. CAN'T WAIT!!! Let the fly tying madness begin! Lets see.........I'll need 40+ #14 BH Hares Ears, 20+ #10 BH Buggers in each color(black,brown,white,maroon), then I'll need 20+ #20 serendipities, 20+ #20 WD40s, 20+ #20 zebras.....etc., etc. I guess I better get started! LOL!

Anybody want to join us? Looks like the second week of June (7-11)??? You are more than welcome.

-Rich
    I will have to wait and see what is happening then. ??? But it might just be possible that we can fly out and meet you guys out there !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    I will have to wait and see what is happening then. ??? But it might just be possible that we can fly out and meet you guys out there !
    SWEET! As soon as I know exacts, I'll let ya know.

-Rich