Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Striper Night Bite?

Has the night bite started for stripers and walleye at Cumberland? Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Striper Night Bite?

Yep. Saturday night wasn't to good to me however. A buddy caught 9 Friday night before midnight. Only 4 keepers though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Were they caught on top or sub-surface?

Post Thanks / Like

sub surface

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sprint286 View Post
    Has the night bite started for stripers and walleye at Cumberland? Thanks in advance!
    the shad are not up real good, but good enough for the striper bit to be good. the top water bit on the bomber long A magnum, is very slow. but the bit on the black and silver colored sliver is red hot right now. had a blast last night with it. and put 3 keepers in the boat. for those who don't know the game, get their around 10pm look for cliff walls with deep water, be quiet, cut off lights, troll close to the wall, and cast clost to the wall, in front of and behind boat, throw the two baits, that are listed above, and hold on. cumberland is full of fish, I hope this helps someone catch some.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    the shad are not up real good, but good enough for the striper bit to be good. the top water bit on the bomber long A magnum, is very slow. but the bit on the black and silver colored sliver is red hot right now. had a blast last night with it. and put 3 keepers in the boat. for those who don't know the game, get their around 10pm look for cliff walls with deep water, be quiet, cut off lights, troll close to the wall, and cast clost to the wall, in front of and behind boat, throw the two baits, that are listed above, and hold on. cumberland is full of fish, I hope this helps someone catch some.
    Get ready now for alot of company, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Get ready now for alot of company, lol.
    yea, I know what you mean, only seen 5 other boats last night, I know I could have keep the info to myself. but all the old seasoned fishermen, already know how to and when to catch them. but I read on here, where a lot of people ask how to catch striper, and it makes me feel good to give a little info, that will put fish in someones cooler. I remember years ago, while fishing late one night, I keep hearing these guys banging around behind me in a boat. when they would catch one. they were striper fishing and I was smallmouth fishing. I didn't know how to catch striper back then. they got pretty close to me, so I stopped and eat a snack. when they got close enough to talk, I ask them what they were catching, and they told me how. the closest bait I had, to what they told me I needed. was a big bucktail with a spinner on it. I fished for river muskie with it. so for the rest of that night, it was my striper bait. and I've been busting them ever sense. so I just like to pass it on to someone, like I was about 30 years ago. but it is real nice to only see 4 or 5 boats while fishing. a lot of boats keep the top of the lake churned up, and messes the top bite up. sorry about writing a book here, just felt like sharing that.

Post Thanks / Like

yea, I know what you mean, only seen 5 other boats last night, I know I could have keep the info to myself. but all the old seasoned fishermen, already know how to and when to catch them. but I read on here, where a lot of people ask how to catch striper, and it makes me feel good to give a little info, that will put fish in someones cooler. I remember years ago, while fishing late one night, I keep hearing these guys banging around behind me in a boat. when they would catch one. they were striper fishing and I was smallmouth fishing. I didn't know how to catch striper back then. they got pretty close to me, so I stopped and eat a snack. when they got close enough to talk, I ask them what they were catching, and they told me how. the closest bait I had, to what they told me I needed. was a big bucktail with a spinner on it. I fished for river muskie with it. so for the rest of that night, it was my striper bait. and I've been busting them ever sense. so I just like to pass it on to someone, like I was about 30 years ago. but it is real nice to only see 4 or 5 boats while fishing. a lot of boats keep the top of the lake churned up, and messes the top bite up. sorry about writing a book here, just felt like sharing that.
    I know what you mean! I just learned this method a few years ago. If they bit like that year round I would quit bass fishing! lol! A few years ago a friend and I caught them during the day on red fins. The stripers had the shad pinned against the bank and for about an hour we had a blast! We ended up with a 21,18 and a 16 lber. Lost another 15 plus at the boat. We had several non keepers also. That was the first time I had caught them during the day on red fins. It was awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't meaning to sound like I was getting on you but it's getting bad some nights. Last year somebody got on here like on a Wednesday and said the stripers were jumping in the boat. That Friday night you could not find a bank without somebody flipping a light at ya. Seriously Andrew APB on this site and I spent 30 to 40 minutes trying to find a place to fish, lol. We finally just went and hid from the masses way back in Otter.

This site can be bitter sweet sometimes. I've became a Private message guy, if you know what I mean.....

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see another angler that enjoys helping people out (we are a rare breed apparantely )

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Nice to see another angler that enjoys helping people out (we are a rare breed apparantely )

-Rich
    Can't help but take that one personally as I assume you were pointing that one at me.. I have helped so many on this site I lost count, being doing it for quite awhile now. All I was saying is I've learned to be cautious, that's all. Not everybody has the lakes and fish best interest believe me.

Ask the Creek guys why they are so tight lipped and do things via PM's. Lakes are a much larger scale but can still be an issue. The internet is a great tool and we all love it. But some guys need to do some of their own leg work like the rest of us had to do.Pay some due's so to speak. I use to give detailed reports after all my trips when I first started on this site, and got smoked so many times I quit, I could tell ya some good ones. There are some other fellas on this site that would agree with me and tell you some horror stories as well.

Just giving another perspective Richy that's all, no anger here just saying.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Wasn't meaning to sound like I was getting on you but it's getting bad some nights. Last year somebody got on here like on a Wednesday and said the stripers were jumping in the boat. That Friday night you could not find a bank without somebody flipping a light at ya. Seriously Andrew APB on this site and I spent 30 to 40 minutes trying to find a place to fish, lol. We finally just went and hid from the masses way back in Otter.

This site can be bitter sweet sometimes. I've became a Private message guy, if you know what I mean.....
    hey, didn't think that at all. I know what you meant. I was on dale H. last year, it was the full moon in june weekend. and it looked like every boat in ky and tn was their. couldn't find a spot to fish without having to stop close to someone. every one moving around, had the lake rough as a cob. a lot of the boats left by 1am, and it wasn't as bad. the lake kinda settled down around 2am and the fish started biting.and we boated 7 smallmouth and one flathead that liked my pork chunk.