Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

I,m an idiot! need help....

Last week one of my trolling motor batteries starts leaking acid so I decide to change both TM batteries and cranking battery.I bought the boat new an 06 ranger 519vx so I take the batteries out and tape all the wires so I would know whitch wires go where come back home with batteries only to find my taped wires strew everywhere so I learn mt battery compartment acted like a basketball hoop for the kids so if anyone can help my dumb arse out or point me in the right direction on how these wires go it would be appreciated.btw the passenger side is ok it,s the drivers side tm and crank that have me confused.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: I,m an idiot! need help....

Thanks for all the help by process of elimination I fixed it thanks again.....not

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Re: I,m an idiot! need help....

Some folks are reluctant to help with wiring becasue boats have different accessories, different wiring configurations, and one mistake can cost a guy some duckets.

What I did, to keep my old brain from letting me down, is with everything working just fine, I take a digital picture of the battery boxes, wires, and set ups. Then print them out and save them somewhere save.

Sorry you didn't get some help....just a scary deal. Hope this suggestion helps make things easier in the future.