Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: East Fork Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Re: East Fork Lake

Thanks Alycat. I have a few structures to try and a few banks. How deep were your fish? Did you fish any crankbaits? Strange that the fish in the river were active, might be more oxygen.

Post Thanks / Like

We were fishing about 20 to 25 ft from the bank. the boat was in about 15 to 16 ft of water throwing up to the bank and most of the strikes were about half way back to the boat. Tried a crankbait and buzzbait but no takers. Also tried a pop-r and spook nothing either. Either green pumpkin or watermelon candy on a shakey head was all I could get a hit on. During the night I used the full sized brushhawgs and craws. But by daylight the baby brushhawg and 4'' worm on 3/8oz head worked better. Also used a green pumpkin bitsy bug in the morning and got a few short ones on. My other club goes there again the 15th. I'll be an expert there before too long. LOL.. As far as up in the river they didn't say exactly where they were but somewhere in that area. Of course they fish there a few times a week so they would know more about what the fish are doing. But I do know the fish are feeding on crawfish cause my livewell was full of parts and peices of them when I took the fish out for wiegh in. Another note they wern't really hitting the lure just picking it up and slowly moving off with it. so watch your line closely...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Alycat. I fished from 6:30 am to 1:30 yesterday and didn't have a bite. Tried shallow in the am with top water and crankbailt, nothing. It didn't help any that there wasn't a breath of breeze and the water was like glass. Went deeper late in the morning with the usual, worms, deep cranks and Carolina Rig, nothing. Had me stumped.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'll get to try it again on the 15th. I know the bite has been tough there for about a month because of the heat. But I do know they are feeding on crawfish you just have to find the right place or hit one in the face with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Day or night tourney?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a day tourney my last night tourney is at Rocky Fork on the 21st. Then the 29th on the ohio at the Chilo ramp.