Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Fork Lake

Post Thanks / Like

East Fork Lake

Getting ready for a tourney the first of may. Has anyone been fishing there yet and can give me some info on the conditions. Temp,clarity is it up or down. Are the bass active?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: East Fork Lake

I've been pretty active on Eastfork this spring. The water's about a foot or 2 low. I've been fishing for Crappie and Catfish in the coves but I have caught LM and Hybrids when using minnows. The water is clear to slightly stained depending on the usual. For now the bite seems to be on 9am-11am and 5pm-7pm, biting well when it's windy, not much if it's like glass. I keep and eat almost everything I catch, even the decent Bluegill. I got quite a few pounds of various 6" avg fillets. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: East Fork Lake

Thanks JW13 that helps. It will let me know what to take for the tourney. East Fork has always been feast or famine for me. I only ge to fish it on ocasion. Thanks fo the info..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alycat View Post
    Thanks JW13 that helps. It will let me know what to take for the tourney. East Fork has always been feast or famine for me. I only ge to fish it on ocasion. Thanks fo the info..
    I personall wish they would drain it it, worse than ceasars crrek

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: East Fork Lake

LOL I wish at times they would. Unfortunately I was supposed to fish there in the morning but my partner is stuck in Tennesse. So now I have to show up at the ramp and hope someone has an open back seat. Plus it's suppossed to rain all day. Not turning out to be a good week....

Post Thanks / Like

Showed up at the lake Saturday morning. got lucky and found a partner. It poured for the first three hours. But slowed down for the rest of the day. Wasn't too bad of a day the wind wasn't too bad. Now the fishing wasn't that great missed three only put two in the boat. Shad where everywhere the spawn was on for them.

Post Thanks / Like

There is an open tournament at East fork on the 29th being held by the Southern Ohio Bassmasters if anyone is interested. 50.00 per boat. Go to southenohiobassmasters.com for more info....

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great tourney saturday 19 boats. Weather was wonderful. 10lbs. took first place 3.25 took big fish. Thanks to all who came out...

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna fish East Fork next Wednesday, anybody have any info? Depth of the fish, water clarity, etc. I don't expect you to give up your honey hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Preprism the water clarity is low because of the green water color. and the temps are in the 80's. From all of the reports that i'm getting from my buddies. The bite is very tough. Get a topo map and look for creek channels Ledges that drop off to deeper water. I've got a night tourney there Saturday I'll let you know what i find...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Alycat,
    I'll study the maps. I'll pass on what I learn Wednesday in a private message to you. That's assuming I learn anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was a beautiful night hot but nice moon out all night. Caught 3 keepers. 3.25lbs. Worked the bank across from the Bantam ramp. Other guys were catching them up in the river. A large brushhawg in watermelon candy was most of my fish and a few on a shakey head same color. good luck on wednesday....