Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Jr Bassmasters Tournament

My son is fishing a junior bassmaster tournament this Saturday on Rough River, and I get to sit in the boat and watch him all day! Really dont mind, and it will be fun to watch my son compete against other kids his age. My question is has anyone on this board done this with their sons, and if so, how was it? Is the tournaments ran well, and do they do a pretty good job at weigh in? I would like to video alot of it, and make a tape for him to keep. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Peace!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jr Bassmasters Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by wishniwasfishn View Post
    My son is fishing a junior bassmaster tournament this Saturday on Rough River, and I get to sit in the boat and watch him all day! Really dont mind, and it will be fun to watch my son compete against other kids his age. My question is has anyone on this board done this with their sons, and if so, how was it? Is the tournaments ran well, and do they do a pretty good job at weigh in? I would like to video alot of it, and make a tape for him to keep. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Peace!
    I do believe this program is ran very well. I believe this is the same program that Bradley Roy competed in and is now fishing the Elite Series at the age of 19. The program is very well run from what I have heard, I have not been apart of the program but have heard Bradley speak of the program and how it help to develop him as a professional fisherman. I hope you enjoy it and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been the dad spectator in many a junior bassmaster tournament myself. It is a blast, but stressful. It is much harder than fishing a tournament yourself, because all you can do is watch. I guess it is just like watching your kid compete in any other sport. My son just turned 15 this month and he competed in junior bassmasters for three years.

We made the tough decision this year to not fish the junior bassmasters so he could fish some adult circuits on his own. We do not regret that decision, but the junior bassmasters was a great experience for him.

As far as how they are ran, I think most are ran well, but just like anything else it really depends on the tournament director.

Post Thanks / Like

The KBF runs a good youth circut, and the weigh ins are done right. The KBF is associated with the FLW, when Bradley won the national championship it was affiliated with BASS, the BASS affiated club is the Ky bass fed nation, which also has a good youth program. Both are ran very professional and the kids have a great time. Rough should be one this weekend, we caught a ton of short fish this past Sat, be careful they are predicting strong storms Sat. Hope he does well and enjoys himself.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Bobby because i have been involved in the Junior program in Ky for the last 4 years and have had a lot of fun and meta lot of new people doing it. It's very good for us to be involved in because it keeps us out of trouble and gives us character and moral. But i fish both the KBF and the KBFN and both have good programs, they try to make everything as professinal as possible but sometimes we feel like we take second place to the adults and maybe that's the way it should be. But Bradley did fish the JWC through the KBFN and I would really like to try to go and win it before i'm too old. But good luck to him saturday and i'll be down there too, hope the heavy rain and storms hold off

Ethan Snyder

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply's, the tournament was rescheduled to Sunday due to the bad weather coming in, so we are fishing after a front moves thru so it probaly will not be a good day on the water, but we will give it a shot!

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, how do you get envolved with these. I have two young boys and would love to ge them envolved. Do you know if they have these on Ky and Barkley? Thanks for any info. Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukbass View Post
    Guys, how do you get envolved with these. I have two young boys and would love to ge them envolved. Do you know if they have these on Ky and Barkley? Thanks for any info. Tim
    Yes they do have one on Ky. I can get the information from my Son, and get with you Monday, its really not hard at all!

Post Thanks / Like

how was it

Post Thanks / Like

ukbass,

The Youth Qualifier for your region will be on June 19th out of Kuttawa. You can look at the website at this link. http://www.kybassfed.com/

John D.

Post Thanks / Like

hey wishin i hope your boy did good!