Search Fishin.com

Thread: Dale Temps?

Post Thanks / Like

Dale Temps?

Anyone have an update on DH water temps? Are the brown bass spawning on the lower end yet? Thanks in advance for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dale Temps?

Quote Originally Posted by indyls View Post
    Anyone have an update on DH water temps? Are the brown bass spawning on the lower end yet? Thanks in advance for your help!
    http://www.orn.usace.army.mil/pao/lakeinfo/DAL.htm

Reporting surface temps 63, they are probably moderately higher in the backs of the creeks and in the grass. I haven't been there yet, I'm leaving Sunday for 10 days midlake out of Star Point. My understanding is that the spring fishing has been really really tough overall so far due to high skies and no wind. Lots of people are reporting seeing and catching green fish on the nest in the backs of creeks but that's not what I'm after From reports on smalljaw I'm reading that a small wave has already locked up on the nest (should be coming off now) with a bigger wave coming any time, probably over the full moon next week. That could make our fishing tough if they lock up too. Bottom line I think from what I've been reading that this has been an unusual spring dut to cool, high weather but the typical spring patterns can still produce fish if you keep banging on them. We will probably be targeting points with grass with grubs next week. My experience on the lake over the last 20 years suggests that you'll find very different spawning conditions from one end to the other so we move around a lot and try to find the areas where they appear to be more aggressive, either before going on or better IMHO, coming off the nest.

...BillH

...BillH