Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barren Report

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barren Report

Quote Originally Posted by CoonCreek View Post
    Surely you are not suggesting that I wouldn't help a fellow out after I helped you?
    Can't recall your help?

It's nothing personal, just a trend of people saying they caught fish but then don't give any info at all. I love Barren, but have struggled there recently.....would have liked to hear a real response to that pattern question.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonCreek
    I was as far up Skaggs as you can go in a bass boat. If you don't know it VERY well, don't go up there! The GPS is not much help either on the silted in areas. The better fish were at the ends of the deeper runs from Coon Creek area. Give me a shout sometime. I live up the road from Beaver Creek boat ramp and usually have an idea about this place. We might get to go one of these days - but duck season is starting soon, so...
    Thanks for the info. I'll give ya a shout next time I plan on getting up there. Wish it would warm a bit! Take care.

-Rich
    Now do you remember?? No I probably won't be posting any patterns on the boards. Yes I am willing to help somebody out, in fact, I was helping a friend out yesterday who had a tourney this weekend. We caught 19 keepers and about a dozen slots. I don't think he would want me posting where and what we were doing so everybody could be sitting there when he blasts off!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CoonCreek View Post
    Now do you remember?? No I probably won't be posting any patterns on the boards. Yes I am willing to help somebody out, in fact, I was helping a friend out yesterday who had a tourney this weekend. We caught 19 keepers and about a dozen slots. I don't think he would want me posting where and what we were doing so everybody could be sitting there when he blasts off!
    Thanks for the refresher....hard to keep track.

I never said you weren't willing to help somebody out, we all do. I was merly observing your vague response to another member's question regarding a pattern being established. I'm no tourney fishermen, so you'll have to forgive me when I don't think on a "tourney" level.....I just look at it as recreation and fun. I may just be venting some frustrations due to my poor performance at Barren lately.....and when I hear others saying they are killing them up there, but don't say how or where...that frustration grows.

May your friend do well in his tourney.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richyd4u View Post
    typical...

-rich
    fish were in 6-10 feet of water or shallow in brush, rig and jig deep, jig and spinnerbait shallow hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been trying to find out information on Center Hill Lake for a week and i get nothing.But people get frustrated when they cant get reports about Barren,not pointing fingers just an observation.The frustrating part at Barren and the reason people are so reluctant to help is people who visit the lake from out of town,will watch the locals and take over hotspots.I hav had this happen to me 3 times.The first time i prefished a spot of mine the day b4 a tourney to see if the fish where there ,caught 2 fish and left.I noticed a boat nearby whom was close enough to see me but didnt think much about it. Next morning that same boat was sitting on that spot and fished it for 6 hours.The other 2 times it happened to me i left a spot came back 15 mins later and there they sat,the same boats that seen me catch fish there and the same boats sitting there on tournament day.This has happened to alot of tournament guys i fish with.I will help anybody out that i can,but sitting on a spot that u saw me fishing and sit there in a tourney is unsportsman.Look for spots like that and find your own hotspots, its much more rewarding.Can anyone help me on Center Hill? Please !!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How do you know they hadnt known about that spot already and were simply waiting their turn at that hole? And the next day simply beat you to THEIR honey hole...just cuzz its your honey hole doenst mean it aint someone elses too...

I have fished a crappy bank waiting for a boat to pull out before... then when they are gone, its as much mine as theirs... if i get on fish when i get there, i aint leaving just cuz he comes back...

Post Thanks / Like

Dont take this personal,but if u cant tell when someone is watching you and looking at what your throwing and how you position your boat then your not paying attention to what is goin on around you.I notice this because if im on a patteren im looking for things around me that can tell me if this patteren doesnt work come tourney day i want to know where they went and why they might have changed what they where doing. Like are there bait fish on a flat nearby is there a drop next to where i am fishing,if the wind is comeing from south,west ect.Finding a pattern is only half of it,knowing what to do if it changes is the other half.Pay more attention to whats around you and you will be amazed at what you discover.If a person will put fish in a basket and tie it up and get them and weigh them in on tourney day,dont think they want watch other anglers and take advantage of what they saw.Its no differnt than watching Bill Dance do his thing i just think its unsportsman and disrespectfull but thats the price we pay for having community holes on Barren River Lake and every lake has them right.If you fish barren lake during the week monday thru thursday keep an eye out and you see what i mean.

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught fish at the mouth of the bays on Shakeyhead Jigs with 5" Berkley worms.
    Gravel and chunk rock banks in the creeks also hold fish. When they are slow I usually fish plastic and catch some. Peters creek toward the mouth (left bank) has held fish. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

There ain't no spots on Barren that are secret honey holes when the lake is up. Go out in the winter time and mark "honey holes" to your heart's content.

Post Thanks / Like

Steven not many here fish Center Hill. Your best bet would be to contact Stephen Headrick at Dale Hollwow One staop and he might be able to help you. All I know that it is a clear lake and has good smallies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bobby.I know stephen real well.My partener for tourney informed me last nite he cant make it.Joe Jones is a member of our club and had no partner so we are going as team.He works for stephen at Dale Hollow One Stop so i might get some good info on lake and joe is an excellent guy to fish with.Thanks again Bobby

Post Thanks / Like

very true