Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Postponement of UT trip

Well, to keep things short......one of my older sisters is going through a MESS of a divorce. Her husband is a nut-job and she (and her three kids) have had to go into hiding until the authorities take care of him. It's a long story.......but, we decided to post-pone our UT trip till the end of summer, to give things time to settle down. My family is so wrapped up in all of this, that it wouldn't be a good time to visit.

We are thinking end of July or first of August. Sometime before our little one has to be back in school. This works for me, cause that is primetime for terrestrials out there! Big Hoppers and Cicadas....fun stuff! Plus the rivers are flowing beautifully during that time of year, since all the snow run-off is long gone. Although, I'm bummed about having to postpone the trip....at least we didn't have to cancel it all together.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Postponement of UT trip

Dang Rich, your fishing trips are not working out so well this year huh! Oh well, keep your head up. I still want to get down and fish Trammel with you soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Well, to keep things short......one of my older sisters is going through a MESS of a divorce. Her husband is a nut-job and she (and her three kids) have had to go into hiding until the authorities take care of him. It's a long story.......but, we decided to post-pone our UT trip till the end of summer, to give things time to settle down. My family is so wrapped up in all of this, that it wouldn't be a good time to visit.

We are thinking end of July or first of August. Sometime before our little one has to be back in school. This works for me, cause that is primetime for terrestrials out there! Big Hoppers and Cicadas....fun stuff! Plus the rivers are flowing beautifully during that time of year, since all the snow run-off is long gone. Although, I'm bummed about having to postpone the trip....at least we didn't have to cancel it all together.

-Rich

Stuff happens ! I am even having trouble getting the HH's to breed !!!
    Can you believe it ? Got's to send you and Tim a litter whenever they start
    producing again !!!

Thoughts and prayers go out to your Sister and Family in this troubled time !

I hope things work out for you with the later trip !

Post Thanks / Like

All the best to your family. I guess life gets in the way sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Life throws some curve balls, what can you do. We are going to go out to UT no matter what though......we've got to use up our frequent flyers, so we will go at the end of the summer (I hope ). Just gives me some more needed time to tie. Hoppers and droppers.....CAN'T WAIT!!!

Thanks again.

-Rich