Search Fishin.com

Thread: Walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye

Some of you may have read a couple of post I made about my quest to catch walleye. I have been trying for several years. Did manage to catch a few small ones this year then it happened. Was trolling nolin lake in the river with a walleye deep diver chartruse bait and felt as if I had hung up on something, turns out that the " something" took off. Bottom line, I had snagged a 26" 7 lb ( according to my delair scale ) walleye. Got him in the net and the rest is history. I did take him home to eat. Snagged or not the biggest walleye I have ever caught and hopefull I have broken the ice. Got into some whites but nothing to brag about. Water was muddy & in the 64 range. Caught a couple of bass that were released that went around 14". Over all a nice day. Thanks to folks who gave me some advise a while back.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Walleye

Good for you!! I'm glad to see people set goals and go out and persevere and make them a reality good work...and keep it up and good things will happen!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats...The elusive walleye.Your hooked now,enjoy your new obsession....here's one from this winter on Dale Hollow....http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...l/IMG_0515.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Usually when u think your hung up it's a good walleye. We do have some good ones here at nolin. I usually find them more up river during early spring and occassionaly in the lake. Caught your self one nice meal.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! I too have taken up the walleye challenge however I will be fishing Brookville lake since its only about 45 mins away, apparently there are some pretty nice 'eyes in there. I have caught some really nice sauger and a few saugeyes but not the true species. If I pull in a 7lb walleye I would need to clean my britches.... Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

That is one nice walleye fishfinder! I believe if I had caught one like that I would be in need of a good shower!

Post Thanks / Like

I have also been bitten by the walleye bug! We do far more fishing for them on Laurel River Lake than we do catching thus far but we're not giving up!

FFG, that is an awesome 'eye! I notice the downrigger, did that fish come on that or.........??

Post Thanks / Like

It came on the rigger.In the winter,the big ones suspend deep near drop offs.Husky jerks work good......When everyone is throwing the float and fly w/ a 12 ft leader,we were getting smallies down there with the eyes as deep as 85ft.The winter numbers aren't great but it's the best time to get a real trophy..... http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/r...l/IMG_0518.jpg http://wwwtrolldhl.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome! Thanks so much for that information. Those are some Really Nice 'eyes. I've used riggers before , but don't have them on our pontoon, we do run lead core and much of the year run off shore inline planer boards.