Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

rough river report

I went there and just got back 4:30 PM EST there was a older man and woman down at everleigh boat ramp wanting to fish and he said he maked the ramp and it had come up 1 foot in one hour it was rolling pretty good back there and there was alot of logs making there way to god knows where. north fork was up to the turn around @ the boat ramp it was a muddy mess there as well Axtel was nrmal color and so was the dam water but the water comming from the spilway was muddy and comming out slow all the creek chanels i could see was a muddy mess and it is still pouring down there so it is going to come up alot more over knight i'm sure.. I wish i would of taken my digi cam with me..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: rough river report

As bad as that sounds, the fish were biting great. Yesterday was fair but today I fished around a drainage area and caught fish about every 3rd cast. Fish were in about 2 foot of water. Caught them on horny toads, jigs and t-rigged plastics.

Post Thanks / Like

Well my partner and me fished a tourney there sunday and it was badddddd. First off we had truck problems this morning. Then my rain gear must have a few small holes cause I was soaked by 9am. We caught 3 slots and the rest short fish. Don't know what won, we left about an hour early. We put in a the state and someone had parked to close to the water and when we left his truck was about half way in the water. Don't know if he did or could get it out, but it looked bad. Also talked to the F&W creel guy and he said the lake has raised up 9 feet since sat. morning. He also said this morning it was coming up about a foot an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KyAntares View Post
    As bad as that sounds, the fish were biting great. Yesterday was fair but today I fished around a drainage area and caught fish about every 3rd cast. Fish were in about 2 foot of water. Caught them on horny toads, jigs and t-rigged plastics.

The old guy said he would do well fishing for cats and stripers I have never done any good in muddy water but that was a long time ago and i didnt have a boat then.. Cant wait to hit it hard this week I'm hoping crapie will be up in the shallows feeding but i'm universal and can fish for what i can find biteing..

Hay Russman you guys have some kahunas to be out there on a day like that they were hollering thunderstoms on the radio when i was down there and when i got around to the dam the sky was very unnerving and and hanging low so i got my hat and left..

Post Thanks / Like

thought bout going today. is the water down by the dam the cleanest. or would axtel be a good place to go

Post Thanks / Like

I went today ,Axtel is clean and so is the dam we fised the dam and all around there today we only picked up one 12 inch bass.
    Talked to the warden and he said only 2 people he new of caught any fish and they were 3 puonders He also said the water was going to come up 3 more feet because of run off and ground water. I was hoping to see some striper jumping but we never seen the first one.
    There is alot of floters out ther so be carfull folks and best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

i didnt make it up there today but i am going this afternoon. i guess i will go back to axtel and see how it goes