Search Fishin.com

Thread: Old Maps

Post Thanks / Like

Old Maps

So I now have in hand my Dads old maps of Rough, Nolin, and Barren from his tournament days. These things are well marked with killer honey holes back in teh day. My question is how likely is it that these marked spots are still godo places to catch fish? I am sure structure like point, humps etc dont change, but how much could the cover have changed? Would a stump that held fish 20 years ago still hold fish today? I just want to know if this map could be a gold mine or a waste of time...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old Maps

it depends if the stump is still there or not. Since these lakes are drawn down every year the stumps and such seem to vanish over time. They rot and are also dislodged and move. I fished Barren back in the day when it was the hottest lake around, and a lot has changed since then. But it would not hurt to check these hot spots out as they stiil might be hot.

Post Thanks / Like

I tell ya what...you let me borrow those maps and I'll let you know how those "honey Holes" are doin.....

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say more gold than a waste of time! Rocks don't move ...that much and I know for a fact fish still hang out were structure such as stumps used to be. Sometimes the smallest little thing will attract fish for one reason or another.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold mine!!!! I'd try the spots in a heartbeat. All it would cost you is some time and a little gas. I've fished Green since it was impounded in 1969 and I have spots that has produced fish practically ever year. I've let a lot of fish off on purpose in an effort to not be seen catching them at a few particular places. If you do find some good spots I'd guard them well, with todays technology there are not many "secret spots" to be had anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Old Maps

I would say they are probably notworth much now, buuuuuuut I would be more than happyto take themoff your hands...LOL. Seriously dude, you prolly have a wealth of info on them and I would definatelygo try the spots. Or you could sell them to me for 20.00...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MagikSmallie View Post
    I tell ya what...you let me borrow those maps and I'll let you know how those "honey Holes" are doin.....
    Amen!