Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation bfl on cumberland

Im just curious to see how many of you guys are planning on fishing the bfl this weekend and see what you guys think about them having the tourney with the lake in this kind of shape.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: bfl on cumberland

It will be a mess I think

Post Thanks / Like

The lake is completely trashed right now as bad as it's been in years.
    Last edited by peter; 05-06-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked the lake level. It is now at around 703 from 681 in less than four days. The debris fields I have seen some pics of around Lees Ford and I have never seen anything like that on that lake ever and I have been going there a long time. Some locals that have lived there all their life say it's the worst they have seen the lake trashed ever and it's all migrating down stream towards the dam.

Gonna be alot of lower units and props busted, hopefully nobody gets killed.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't understand why they just didn't send us to laurel lake its fine. I'm shocked they didn't move us. I recon some people called and raised you know what with flw for wanting to keep it here on cumberland.

Post Thanks / Like

It suprised me thats for sure but i guess the will do whatever. I am a co-angler so im just hoping i dont draw out and idiot that wants to run wide open down the lake. I think im just going to be taking one rod and a bunch of life jackets!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Barry me and dad and matt and his brother pulled our money out of it... there is no since waisting all that money for fishing when the lake is like that!!

Post Thanks / Like

Call me crazy but I guess that's why I like Mike IKe but, Im lookin forward to our tournament this weekend! As long as everyone drives safe it should be a lot of fun out there fishing new spots and floating trees! As long as the dam doesn't bust and ***** us all to Nashville TN.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how big the log jam is at conley? The bfl might not be able to fish much more than the marina area if there is a log jam as it gets jameed there after a small rain. Cumberland is not safe to fish this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barry2780 View Post
    Don't understand why they just didn't send us to laurel lake its fine. I'm shocked they didn't move us. I recon some people called and raised you know what with flw for wanting to keep it here on cumberland.
    They said they didn't have time to get the forest service permit .

Post Thanks / Like

For what its worth i was at Jamestown marina today and the color of the lake was beautiful blue green and what debre i saw wasn't nearly what i imagened. I did see some debre but wasnt that bad. Also i was in a truck diffrent story when u in a boat fore sure.

Post Thanks / Like

guys i posted on the " big rise" thread earlier, dont let anybody fool you, the lake is terrible! ive never seen it this bad in 40 years! we had to "back" our way out od several logjams and find another way through just to get to where we wanted to go (2 miles down the lake). there was no such thing as "running" , we would no sooner get on plane and have to sit down again and navigate through, around the jams. some friends have fished the thomas, harmon and difficulty area in the past 2 days and gave up.