Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What do you think its worth?

I can say that this boat could really be worth $20k, but it would have to be like showroom new and have 2 nice fish finders...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
    I can say that this boat could really be worth $20k, but it would have to be like showroom new and have 2 nice fish finders...
    Its pretty close to showroom new, and it has 1 nice fish finder installed, and a lowrance 520 that has to be networked into the lowrance 522

Post Thanks / Like

Boat dealers tend to use the nada price on your trade in,when did you ever see one priced at the nada retail price,its generally above that,from a dealer anyway.
    As far as it goes the insurance company even on full coverage using that wont get you enough money to go buy another just like it.
    A boat like a car gets as much as it can get,if in great shape a premium price,if in well worn well used less.If it lists for 12-15,in great shape no problems whatsoever 16-18.be my guess.
    But bear in mind with the economy being the way it is overpriced tends to not sell,so think of how much you actually want for it then sell it quickly.
    The boat you said was priced 20 k,not as good most likly will not sell.at least not easily or quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

The buyer must get the bank to understand its worth that much more than book also, or come up with the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

People may be asking 18 to 20 grand but getting it is a different story. Not knocking anyones boats but I dont know of to many people that will pay that for a boat that is almost 10 years old regardless of the shape. Most banks are not going to loan that much and what they do loan will be at a higher interest rate and shorter term. At that price a person is better off buying a new model at a cheaper interest rate and possibly not having near as much out of pocket expense and payment will be about the same. I have saw boats priced in this range as well and most of them are not sold because of the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamahammer View Post
    People may be asking 18 to 20 grand but getting it is a different story. Not knocking anyones boats but I dont know of to many people that will pay that for a boat that is almost 10 years old regardless of the shape. Most banks are not going to loan that much and what they do loan will be at a higher interest rate and shorter term. At that price a person is better off buying a new model at a cheaper interest rate and possibly not having near as much out of pocket expense and payment will be about the same. I have saw boats priced in this range as well and most of them are not sold because of the price.
    Sure hope your wrong, because I may need to sell it quick, and I really dont want to give it away. I paid almost 4 grand more for what I will be asking 3 years ago, and I have only put 20 hours on it since then, and done alot of work on it, new gps units, replaced the bilge pump, livewell pumps, fixed trolling motor. Its funny I got the tax bill and they wanted me to pay taxes on $50,000 this year, and $44,000 last year. When I bought it I paid cash for it, so I wasnt to worried about the bank, but like you say anyone wanting to buy it, will have to deal with banks, and interest, and value compared to loan amount. Right now people are giving there boats away because of the economy, I just hope someone who loves beautiful Rangers that has cash will come strolling bye, and like mine!

Post Thanks / Like

If the NADA on this boat is 13-15k, why am I paying taxes at such a high amount? last year they had it at $44,000.00 this year they had it initially at $50,000.00 but I called the pva and they dropped it to $28,000.00

Post Thanks / Like

here is a couple pictures of the boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

not sure how the kentucky tax system works but that is crazy. Indiana is not set up that way. I think I would be making some more phone calls and find out how they are taxing it and what they are basing it on. Good luck selling it it is a good looking rig. I wouldnt give it away and I checked NADA as well and the 13 to 15 is right on so I would expect ALOT of offers in that range

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...anche-96759098

Pretty comparable for sale at around what you are asking...I just wonder how long he has been sitting on it at that price.

Post Thanks / Like

PM Sent