Search Fishin.com

Thread: new rod

Post Thanks / Like

new rod

I went to Bass Pro over the weekend to buy a rod and reel comboe for my wife, who is going to fly fish with me this year. I got a fully ready combo Hobbs Creek rod and reel, already with backing and line, four piece in a case for $139. I cannot believe how good this rod cast, for that price. I would highly recommend these for anyone. I have been taking it to the farm ponds with me lately and I love it. I might just keep it for myself lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: new rod

I've been using a nice little hobss creek 6wt of my brothers since last summer. I've been really impressed with it. It's leaps and bounds above my last rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new rod

Sounds like a good deal Tim. That is great that you are going to get your wife on the water.....wish mine would go.

-Rich

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Sounds like a good deal Tim. That is great that you are going to get your wife on the water.....wish mine would go.

-Rich
    Buy a porta potti! My momma would not go unless she was sure she could go. And before we had one, the third time I delivered her to the bank so she could hide behind some rocks, she met Ricky the Raccoon. Thought I was going to be brought up on charges of animal abuse. Never thought that cute KY gal would do things like that to a varmit........poor little 4 legged bandit.

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome ! I hope she gets hooked !

Post Thanks / Like

Hey brospeh, that is a Dogwood Canyon rod, although the one I have been pushing for you to get is the Hobbs Creek .