Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any reports for Lake Cumberland

Going down for some just for fun fishing Fri.Sat. Just wondering how the water is up in Fishing Creek and around Burnside area. Is there still a lot of stuff floating down that way? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any reports for Lake Cumberland

Bobby, it's till very stained to down right muddy up in that neck of the woods, Debris is improving but there was a fair amount of rain down there again so I would be very careful. Mid lake and west end is in better shape. Fish are scattered due to high water and weather conditions. People are catching some fish, but it's off and on from the reports I've recieved.

Be careful if you go.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have any info on the night fishing? Are topwater or subsurface working?

Is Wolf Ck still OK?

I hope to be on the water tomorrow night and possibly Wed.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the Otter-Beaver-indian-man lake area this past weekend. Not much stuff floating at all and lake is clearer that I have seen it in quite a while. Caught a smallmouth trolling a shinner in about 20' of water in a flat area on the north bank, a few drum in same type areas, saw a ton of gar on east wall just past island going into beaver from the main lake and caught a few undersized stripers. From those I talked to those catching stripers were catchng the 16" to the 23.9" variety(which there seems to be a lot of).

Netted tons of Alewife in the main lake and hears the baitfish on the bank but did not night fish. A friend caught a few undersized stripers casting rock walls Friday night.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished sat. night, main lake below jamestown, caught 4 striper,only one keeper, and a couple of walleye. didn't hear any fish blow up on top. alewife's were up around midnight, but didn't seem to be as many as usual.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, there is a tourney Sat going out of Pumpkin, it is the NECCO charity event, I will probally not fish this , just heard about it, cost 100 a boat and is an open, 30% pay back for 1st. Start time is 6.00am cst and ends at 3.00pm cst. I am just going down to fun fish try to catch whatever, stripers, bass walleye etc. Just need to relax, Though of taking my buddy up to fishing creek but if it is still muddy then I wil go to Beaver area. THanks Mhall and all.

Post Thanks / Like

Any reports from down around the mouth of wolf crk or ramseys point? Thought I might try some night fishing for eyes and stripes wednesday night. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Water looks good at the power plant,,,Burnside. Turning green and not many sticks. Gar seem to be breeding or something at the discharge, but seems like fishing should be good. Lots of activity.

Post Thanks / Like

Clear water at the mouth of Wolfe, wood in normal areas. Be careful!

Post Thanks / Like

I was down there from Thursday afternoon through Sunday early. Made two trips from Jamestown to Conley Bottom. Once you get about two miles upriver from Conley Bottom the water is really populated with debris. Most is small stuff that won't tear up your boat but there is plenty of major ones that will ruin your weekend/ summer. From Conley Bottom through the Beaver Creek area is much, much better but still the occasional big drifting log. None of those fast runs during the nightime hours fellas. They may be rare to see, but all it takes is one. Be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys I was down there from Friday to Sunday (Jamestown). The creeks are stained and the main lake pockets are clear. The bass are hanging tight to the banks in the back of the creeks and pockets. We probley caught 50 bass in three days most of them short but every now and then you will pick up a keeper. Throw that buzz bait....All day

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info guys. I hope to make it on the water tonight.