Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

cherokee stripers

Has anyone ben doing any rock fishing lately? I have ben going 2-3 times a week and have ben doing very well but I have found the pattern seems to be a little off this year and the fish running small anyone catching any with any size? I have caught an 18, and two 16 but most of the catch has ben hybrids with the rock averaging 8-10.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cherokee stripers

The fish I have been catching are from 5 to 8lbs. Stripers and Hybrids .. Pretty small . . Catching fish at May springs , pt 3 ,4 .. caught one last week at pt. 2 where are you catching yours?? If you caught one 18lbs. thats the biggest one I have heard of this year ... YANK

Post Thanks / Like

thats ben the size most of mine have ben running. I am still fishing up the lake around 16 and am not catching anything after 7:30 a.m. and I have heard that there catching some around 9. I have tried the areas your fishing and have not had any luck there yet this year are you catching any numbers of fish? Im starting to get tired of putting in at the **** and running 16.2 mi. up the lake. Most of what i've ben catching are in big schools so the action is hot when you find them we've ben catching 3 and 4 at a time but like I said around 7-7:30 might as well go home. Also i have ben seeing some monsters come to the surface but cannot get them to hit anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Have been catch Stripers in the Dam area pt. 2 to pt. 3 also Single Tree Island . All small 5 to 7lbs.. Umbrella Rigs ... YANK

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't ben out in about a week and half I am going to go tomarrow night after work. Thanks for the info. I have a Question if I may weres single tree Island I haven't heard of that? I went for a boat ride last nite and saw a few guys fishing up around gilmore and saw about an 8 pounder caught in the 5 min. I was there. I was told there catching them up that way but wasnt told were but I found them. Out in front of gilmore two islands and a log cabin house . Hey Yank what kind of boat you got I may have seen you out. My new boat is a starcraft 18'7" aluminum, green its a big deep boat, with a 90 merc. if you ever see me stop by.