Search Fishin.com

Thread: Helms Landing

Post Thanks / Like

Helms Landing

Last I heard (on this board) there was a huge sink hole in the middle of the access road to the ramp at Helms. Has anyone been down there lately? Is the hole still there or has it been fixed? Can you drive around it or is the ramp effectively closed to boats and trailers? With the river level starting to drop, I'd like to get down there in the next week or two but would go somewhere else on the river if Helms is closed. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Helms Landing

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
    Last I heard (on this board) there was a huge sink hole in the middle of the access road to the ramp at Helms. Has anyone been down there lately? Is the hole still there or has it been fixed? Can you drive around it or is the ramp effectively closed to boats and trailers? With the river level starting to drop, I'd like to get down there in the next week or two but would go somewhere else on the river if Helms is closed. Thanks for any help.
    I would be AMAZED if it was fixed already......my guess would be around 2012, but the world is going to end then anyways.

Anybody know?

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

There's a campground that overlooks the Helms Landing Road. I bet the owners know what's happening with that road. Anyone know the name of that campground? I could give them a call.

Post Thanks / Like

"Riverside" ask for Paula, 270 343 3777 (day) 270 343 3775 (night).. You may have to call in the evening. This info was current as of last year when we tried to make arrangements to stay there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
    There's a campground that overlooks the Helms Landing Road. I bet the owners know what's happening with that road. Anyone know the name of that campground? I could give them a call.
    Any new information? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Called the daytime number during the day and the night-time number at night. Couldn't speak to a live person either time. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grampsg View Post
    "Riverside" ask for Paula, 270 343 3777 (day) 270 343 3775 (night).. You may have to call in the evening. This info was current as of last year when we tried to make arrangements to stay there.

Dialed the same numbers today, no answer.......Might just have pack up the FF gear and drive over there!!!!!