Search Fishin.com

Thread: meldahl dam

Post Thanks / Like

meldahl dam

I just heard that meldahl dam is closed to the public. They have it blocked so you cant fish the locks anymore. They are building a hydro electric plant next to the dam. I heard they are going to put in a 90' fishing pier a little further down the river. It will be closed for the next 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: meldahl dam

Quote Originally Posted by john48 View Post
    I just heard that meldahl dam is closed to the public. They have it blocked so you cant fish the locks anymore. They are building a hydro electric plant next to the dam. I heard they are going to put in a 90' fishing pier a little further down the river. It will be closed for the next 3 years.
    Yea it is closed right now but they are supposed to build an access road for the fisherman, and we will be around the beach area is what I have been told, or maybe a little closer. Look up or google Meldahl Dam and look for the Phone number before you come up to see if the access road is built or done, it was supposed to be open this week but I heard with in the next 2 weeks or so it should be done. If any body is wanting to know about the skipjack they are up in the locks that I have seen, anybody with a Ky license can go on the ohio side of the locks on foot to fish for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Went by Meldahl Monday night and the gate was locked at 930pm. No signage to indicate that it would be open at any time. I go by there on a regular basis. I will try to check back during the day time.

Post Thanks / Like

went by and they have created a fishing area downstream. didn't go back the gravel road but it looks like it would be down by the sandy beach area. There was a gate at the top so I don't know if they will close it at night.