Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

FF Outing...been thinking...danger!!!

Tim, get together is a great idea, so with that in mind......

Why not have it at Wolff Creek Dam. Kendal campground is one of the Best in the Nation...hot and cold running H2O, what more could a man ask for?

On the serious side, Rock and I live within 2-10 minutes from Woff Creek. We have several areas to consider fishing, Kendal, Hems, Wenfrey(?)Rock house, If we held it over a weekend, I would host a get-together dinner Friday night, at my place (SOUTH OF JAMESTOWN---TOWARD the dam..

What you guys think
    Last edited by FlyLie; 06-10-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FF Outing...been thinking...danger!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post

Why not have it at Wolff Creek Dam. Kendal campground is one of the Best in the Nation...hot and cold running H2O, what more could a man ask for?

On the serious side, Rock and I live within 2-10 minutes from Woff Creek. We have several areas to consider fishing, Kendal, Hems, Wenfrey(?)Rock house, If we held it over a weekend, I would host a get-together dinner Friday night, at my place (SOUTH OF JAMESTOWN---TOWARD the dam..

What you guys think
    Boone, I would definitely be interested. The campground at Kendall is nice, but I have never actually camped there, just seen it a m illion times. When I get back ffrom Ky Lake tommorow we can talk about it more.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: FF Outing...been thinking...danger!!!

Hey Guys,
    Not been on here much lately. Been doing some construction on the little cabin. And work is getting crazy busy !!! And is going to be that way for a while. If the date works out ??? I would sure be interested !!!

The lake only has about 3' - 4' feet to go before they will start turning off the spigot ! Would be nice to do some wading and cast a loop for a change !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's al link to COE Kendal Campground Website:
    http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/op/wol/rec/kendall.htm

Also, see the following gov site for a listing of campsites which are open. Scheduled maintance, plus damage from the 1000 year flood has several sites closed. After August 3rd, the number of sites open will be limited, so I think advanced reservations would be a must.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Ke...ex=CampingSpot

Boone
    Last edited by FlyLie; 06-13-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's al link to COE Kendal Campground Website:
    http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/op/wol/rec/kendall.htm

Also, see the following gov site for a listing of campsites which are open. Scheduled maintance, plus damage from the 1000 year flood has several sites closed. After August 3rd, the number of sites open will be limited, so I think advanced reservations would be a must.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Ke...ex=CampingSpot

Boone
    I should have also mentioned, there is also the Lake Cumberland State Park, for those who might not appreciate the comforts of camping. The Park entrance is 3 miles from Wolf Creek Dam (Kendal), and the Park lodge is 5 miles from the entrance. You can google ky state parks for more information.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested in this get together. Let me know when it is and if I can make it I'll bring a dish for the cookout or what not.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention; Crocus Creek...just may be the best place to "wade in the CR", but be sure you watch the water level, use a walking stick and wear a life vest! Then It's all about you and the FISH.....

Post Thanks / Like

What you guys think
    Like I said, I could/can be Danger(s)... But thinking we should try for a date in July (after the 4th) and before the 1st of August. What ever date we select, we are still at the mercy of the COE and Mother Nature...

Any one have any OPEN or NO DATES in July?

Tim, I'll give you a call later in the week....
    Boone

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we have an Agenda shaping up:

Exact date yet to be determined, but looking like mid to late JULY

1.Friday night at my place...pot luck dinner and grill...(dry county, so bring BEER!).
    2. Lot's of places to fish out of on the CR, but just want everyone to be safe. I"ll have maps of the river to review and discuss on Friday night.
    3.For those that have "drift boats", etc., let me know in advance and I'll see what and I arrange for Transport back to Kendall!

Let's DO IT!!...If only 1 or 2, that's OK.....

Post Thanks / Like

If we can get a date firmed up sounds great to me. Hopefully will have started a new job by then, if isn't the one in Chicago should still be golden.

Post Thanks / Like

Man!!! Figures we would finally get a get together to happen right when I'm fixin to head out to northern UT! That *****!

I'll be thinking of you all the last half of July as I'm fishing in the Rockies! You guys have fun without me.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Boone, I will be pretty open in July, just let me know.