Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Elite's on Kentucky Lake

Just read an article on basszone. KVD said the local pressure is horrible down there. He said he's contantly being followed and GPS'd. He said some of those guys should be embarrased because it's so obvious.

What a bunch of losers. What sense of accomplishement do you get by following somone around and marking the spots that they found and try to catch fish off of them. I understand that almost every productive ledge on Ky Lake is a community hole now but give me a break... find your own fish. You'll never learn how to find fish by just following someone around and marking spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Elite's on Kentucky Lake

i would find the most crap areas to fish and keepi moving to them and pretending to hook fish...lol. then come back and watch them fail

Post Thanks / Like

i have no sympathy for the pros. they come in on me all the time and fish right on top of me. they get what they deserve.

Post Thanks / Like

We dont really know how good KVD is because he deals with more spectators and BS than anybody. Several guys have said if they had to deal with what he does they would quit. When BASS had the 50 boat tournaments on small lakes a couple years ago and they closed the lakes for the tournaments so the guys had them to themselves KVD dominated.

I am sure pressure is bad but it cant be as bad as Guntersville. I have never seen people cut you off like they do there. You might be fishing a point and guys will pull right next to you and start fishing. If you pull in front of somebody 300 ft away here you will get funny looks and there isnt near as much good water to fish around here. On Guntersville theres miles of good water and plenty of room for everybody and they still cut you off.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt they come in on you "all the time" since they're only here once a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    We dont really know how good KVD is because he deals with more spectators and BS than anybody. Several guys have said if they had to deal with what he does they would quit. When BASS had the 50 boat tournaments on small lakes a couple years ago and they closed the lakes for the tournaments so the guys had them to themselves KVD dominated.

What 50 boat tournaments and what lakes were closed? Been covering B.A.S.S. and FLW tournaments and writing for their magazines some since 1998 and have never heard of a tourney shutting a lake down. Don't think you have heard of it either. Please cite examples of PUBLIC WATER being closed to THE PUBLIC so B.A.S.S. or FLW could have a tournament.

Post Thanks / Like

I just read the article. 6 of the pros they interviewed said it gonna be tougher than last year because most of the fish aren't grouped up, yet.

Post Thanks / Like

It just a respect thing for me they didn't become pros by marking spots and following everyone around. Give them there time to fish and there privacy kys there job

Post Thanks / Like

To me, they are at work and I wouldnt bother them while there working. I got respect for those guys that can put food on the table and provide a good life for there family doing something they love. I wish I was good enough to do what they do. Just my thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it will take close to 100Lbs to win over 4 days. Hide and watch!! These guys are good and sandbag alot during practice.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you the fish are bunched up right now. we caught 250 bass in two days last week on 2 spots. They are going to catch them good. If I can catch a 24 lbs bag they sure can. Also caught a 50 lbs cat. I had a guy watch me catch a 7 and then come mark my spot. That's ok for me but stay away from these guys trying to make a living. Unless you are a guide and those are your spots it is disrespectful to do what these people are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here to an extent. I'm just a weekend warrior so it's not critical I catch fish when I go but if another angler gets sideways with me regardless of who they are and doesn't show respect then I can put the redneck on pretty quick.

Been to a classic and mega bucks tourny and I didn't even get on the water during their practice or during the tourny. I didn't want to get in their way.....to me it's just about respect. It's public water and people have the right to fish when the pros do it's just not my cup of tea.