Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Trammel Creek Fun!

I am so grateful for Trammel Creek, cause if it didn't exist....I would go crazy from FFin withdrawls! Had a couple great days......

6/8/10-
    Yes, I went on stocking day.....couldn't hold myself back any longer! Took my daughter who never turns down a trip to Trammel Creek. Got there about 30 minutes after the truck had dumped them, and yes.....the creek looked like a fish hatchery! This was the first time I had been back to Trammel since the floods, and the entire creek has changed! It was like looking at a totally new creek. Anyways, my little girl demanded that we keep some fish for Mommy, so I told her that she could keep her limit, but daddy was going to let his fish go, lol. She limitted out in about 30 minutes with a little spinner. I got so tired of catching fish that we quit in about 2 hours. Didn't feel much like "sport", lol! Good day.

6/14/10-
    I asked my little girl what she wanted to do today, and she said go back to Trammel Creek....so, off we went! I decided to head up to the second bridge (I guess first if you are going by the flow) and it looked COMPLETELY different! I really like the new look up there. There is a huge, long hole that extends under the bridge and averages about 4-5ft deep....really nice! I spotted some nice bows hanging out up in the shade under the bridge, and proceeded to tear them a new one! Sure enough, the bait casters showed up and started dropping lines everywhere off the bridge, so I really had to make accurate casts to get my line between them, lol! They all made a few casts with their powerbait, didn't get bit, then left. I continued to knock them dead for most the afternoon. It was just beautiful up there....the cold, clear water and watching those bows come up from the depths with my fly in their mouth........a thing of beauty! Thanks Trammel Creek!!!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trammel Creek Fun!

Now I'm jealous and not just of the fishing. You are really lucky to have such a cool little girl, it makes me hopeful about the future, mainly because I'm sure I'll end up with a pack of girls! Have fun Dad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colonelmeyer View Post
    Now I'm jealous and not just of the fishing. You are really lucky to have such a cool little girl, it makes me hopeful about the future, mainly because I'm sure I'll end up with a pack of girls! Have fun Dad.
    Thanks Colonel. I am truly blessed with a fun, adventurous little girl.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Trammel Creek Fun!

GOOD JOB DAD !!! Keep up the good work !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Fish View Post
    GOOD JOB DAD !!! Keep up the good work !
    Thanks Rock! When are we going fishing? I heard the CR is dropping down.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Thanks Rock! When are we going fishing? I heard the CR is dropping down.

-Rich
    Soon I HOPE !!! I finally got my boat back. Been Striper fishing on LC a few times. With Marginal success ( Dinks )

Crazy busy at work ! I will give you a call soon!

Take care Man !

Post Thanks / Like

Soon I HOPE !!! I finally got my boat back. Been Striper fishing on LC a few times. With Marginal success ( Dinks )

Crazy busy at work ! I will give you a call soon!

Take care Man !
    Glad to hear that you got your boat back. How's it running? Dinks @ LC are like 10lbs, lol! I'll take dinks all day long!

I'm heading out to UT finally...we leave on July 16th and won't be back till July 28th. I'm totally bummed that I'm going to miss the FFin get together. I've been tying like crazy to make sure I've got plenty of everything for UT. Plan on doing some serious FFin! Take care bro.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Glad to hear that you got your boat back. How's it running? Dinks @ LC are like 10lbs, lol! I'll take dinks all day long!

I'm heading out to UT finally...we leave on July 16th and won't be back till July 28th. I'm totally bummed that I'm going to miss the FFin get together. I've been tying like crazy to make sure I've got plenty of everything for UT. Plan on doing some serious FFin! Take care bro.

-Rich
    Yes but under 24" and they go back with care ! Hope they make it to grow some more !!!

Make sure !!! To take your camera and hopefully a laptop with you ! And keep us posted on the Fishin !

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure !!! To take your camera and hopefully a laptop with you ! And keep us posted on the Fishin !
    Will do Rock!

-Rich