Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver Carp attack

Yesterday I was on the river fishing with my cousin and a silver carp weighing in the neighborhood of 10-12 pounds ccomes leaping out of the water and landed right in the boat. If you wanted to see two 40 somethings grown men shriek like a school girl you should have been on the river with us LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Silver Carp attack

Hahh.. What river were you on?

Post Thanks / Like

Ohio

Post Thanks / Like

Tim I've seen more and more of them here lately.Won't be long we'll have to wear a helmet to travel the river.

Post Thanks / Like

Shriek like a school girl huh? I would have paid to have seen that!! If I may ask, how was the fishing? The river still muddy?

Post Thanks / Like

We have had them jump in the boat as well, that is one nasty, ugly fish. If a guy was going fast enough, one of those could hurt somebody. I hope they don't start to take over our rivers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twise7 View Post
    Shriek like a school girl huh? I would have paid to have seen that!! If I may ask, how was the fishing? The river still muddy?

twise, I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way because I don't mean it that way. My cousin is fishing a BFL tourney next Saturday, so I am not going to comment on the fishing, but I will tell you everything next Sunday. Sorry about being so vague, but he found these fish and I was just along for the ride having fun. Hope you and everyone else understands.

The main river was very muddy and had a lot of floating debris is about all I can say.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim tell Scott I said good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of Deer creek T/F/S. fishing was slow and the carp were jumping in every creek we went into, saw lots of them floating and people bow fishing for them. Hope they kill them all before more people get hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    Yesterday I was on the river fishing with my cousin and a silver carp weighing in the neighborhood of 10-12 pounds ccomes leaping out of the water and landed right in the boat. If you wanted to see two 40 somethings grown men shriek like a school girl you should have been on the river with us LOL.
    we were out on the ohio about a month ago, river was running about 30 ft on the low side and when we were comming back up river, (running close to the bank ) they were jumping everywhere, I have caught a few, if you ever catch these fish, kill them and use them for catfish bait, they are taking over the river, they are filter feeders and eat alot of the plankton that baitfish need to grow, I belive these fish will hurt the other fish populations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    twise, I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way because I don't mean it that way. My cousin is fishing a BFL tourney next Saturday, so I am not going to comment on the fishing, but I will tell you everything next Sunday. Sorry about being so vague, but he found these fish and I was just along for the ride having fun. Hope you and everyone else understands.

The main river was very muddy and had a lot of floating debris is about all I can say.
    No problem, I understand completely...was wondering more about water conditions than fishing spots. Where is the BFL putting in at? I'll be in Ohio visiting family next weekend, but am interested in where they're putting in and which section(s) they'll be fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

They are taking off out of Rocky Point on the Indiana side.