Search Fishin.com

Thread: Rain Rain Rain

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Rain Rain Rain

Fishing seems to kinda s*uck. Other than Catfish and a couple of small bluegil, havent had much luck.

How about you guys?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rain Rain Rain

Here in the southeastern part of the state (Clark County, Floyd County, ect) The rain hasnt been two bad. I wasnt able to fish very much this previous weekend except for a couple hours on sunday morning. I caught 3 with trigger x craw, 8in berkley powerlizard, and a 5in grub on a jig head.

One was about 2lbs.

Check out the bass/fish you are catching... I watched an Ike video where he was talking about how the bass looks based on where its been. A bass that is more yellow color has been hiding in lots of vegetation. While bass with black blotches (seperate from the black stripes going down the side) Have been hanging out on the bottom.

Maybe this can help you figure out a pattern or two.

Post Thanks / Like

This rain is killing the epic June bite for us all. The weather hasn't been on the fisherman's side at all during June. Here's to less ice and cold in Oct - Nov. This way I can spend more time in the cooler month hooking them hog smallies on the White.

AJ

Post Thanks / Like

Well, something came up and I have to head down to Bloomington today anyway, so we are going to stop off at Monroe for about 4 hours and see how things go.

Last time was pretty much all about Crappie, today I am going for Bass. Planning on a little top water first thing, then got cranks and tubes ready to go.

I'll post how well we do.

Post Thanks / Like

Blah.....thats how well we did.....1 bass and 2 small bluegil

Post Thanks / Like

Monroe has been one tough cookie....I went yesterday morning and caught one good one on topwater and then had to fish deep to get any bites. There are a few tourney guys (myself included) that have been doing pretty well (20 lb bags)......but for the most part others are struggling. You gotta fish deeper structure or get there REALLY early or later in the evening. Long sloping points and drop-offs have been the key. The flucuating water levels haven't helped either....it'll be normal pool....big rain.....two feet high and murky...then back to normal pool....just to see it happen again!