Search Fishin.com

Thread: Speed trap

Post Thanks / Like

Speed trap

Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding drivers, a state police officer sees a car puttering along at 22 MPH. He thinks to himself, "This driver is just as dangerous as a speeder!" So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over
    Approaching the car, he notices that there are five old ladies — two in the front seat and three in the back — eyes wide and pale as ghosts.
    The driver, obviously confused, says to him, "Officer, I don't understand. I was doing exactly the speed limit! What seems to be the problem?"
    "Ma'am," the officer replies, "You weren't speeding, but you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other drivers."
    "Slower than the speed limit?" she asks. "No sir, I was doing the speed limit — exactly 22 miles per hour!" the old woman says a bit proudly. The officer, trying to contain a chuckle, explains to her that "22" is the route number and not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grins and thanks the officer for pointing out her error.
    "But before I let you go, Ma'am, I have to ask: is everyone in this car ok? These women seem awfully shaken and they haven't made a single peep this whole time."
    "Oh, they'll be OK in a minute, officer. We just got off Route 119."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed trap

Dang that had me cornfused! I thought it was a play on 9-1-1 as the emergency number and I was thinking....is Tim dyslexic? Then I realized route 119 was the speed she went....
    Sometimes I wonder....

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Don, it took me a minute to get it when I first got it sent to me.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to see folks driving 22mph on highway 90, come to cumberland county. These clowns will follow a turtle if it gets in front of them. mighty slow derivers, and its mental.

Post Thanks / Like

hahah now thats funny Tim I had a good chuckle with that picturing the old lady racing down Route 119 going 119 miles per hour. And the poor old ladies in the back seat scared out of their skins. haha good one.