Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Boundary Waters Trip...........this fall Maybe.......

I may be putting a trip together for THIS FALL......over labor day.

Dates:

9/3/2010 - 9/12/2010

Leave EARLY, EARLY friday, drive all day, fish like HELL, come out Saturday 9/11 DRIVE all day be back by 8:00am EST Sunday.

Anyone interested.

I prob have openings for maybe 2 guys.........

I don't have the EXACT costs, but something like this:

$70.00 quick start tow
    $50-75 bucks for foood
    $150.00 bucks for canoe rental (only if you need one).
    $60.00 bucks for permits, licenses, etc, etc
    $25.00 bucks for bunkhouse
    $50-100 bucks for fuel.

Let me know if you're interested.

You will NEED the following:

* GOOD rain GEAR
    * GOOD 2-3 man tent (for 2 guys)
    * Your own fishing gear
    * Sleeping pad
    * Sleeping bag
    * Water Filter (not completely necessary)

Since I'm putting this together, I will have a TON of gear that will go as community gear, which includes

* SAW
    * Group water filter
    * AXE
    * Tarp
    * Stoves
    * Utinsils
    * Cook Gear

This is just preliminary.......and I'm still not sure I'm even going, but if you're interested, LET ME KNOW.

Once I get a little closer..........probably 1-2 weeks, I will make a DEFINITE decision and try to collect a non refundable deposit.......($100.00) from whoever is going.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boundary Waters Trip...........this fall Maybe.......

I got back from a trip to the Canada side of the boundary waters with George just three weeks ago. It was an incredible time. We fished hard all day every day, though a couple of guys in our group took it much easier. George has great, detailed lists of recommended gear & tackle. Without that, I would have been lost since I had never caught a smallmouth before. As a first timer to the area and to smallmouth fishing, it took a few days to get through the learning curve of that kind of fishing (learn to locate fish, how to fish rocky terrain, etc.). Once I did, though, it was incredible. We caught 'em like crazy. As a first timer, I caught easily a dozen over 3 and my biggest was 4.6lbs (all measured on the de-liar scale). Caught 100 one day, 70 another, over 50 two other days (while still getting through the learning curve!). Also, saw dozens of bald eagles, including two mating, and a bunch of moose tracks. Great trip. I can't wait to go back. George makes great camp dinners and you won't won't be disappointed if you make the trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boundary Waters Trip...........this fall Maybe.......

Geo,

As I said on your last post on the bounary waters looking forward to next spring that trip is a dream trip to me. I love to fish from a canoe - I just picked up a 12' one man canoe for some solo work and my wife and I just got home today from Natural Bridge and we did the Red River yesterday. Exploring the wilderness waters of the border would be the bomb! I did take my dad and boys up to Bear Lake Wilderness Lodge a few years back which was a good trip and the closet thing I have done as far as a wilderness trip goes. I have plenty of gear but I would have to check out work and such to make sure I can get away that week. I know of one project brewing in that time frame that may trip me up. Put me down as interested...

kc