Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blood clots

Post Thanks / Like

blood clots

Hey people,has anyone here, had any dealings with blood clots in the leg. Found out I got one on the 8th of this month, really cant get a straight answer out of my doctors, and sometimes its like you people on here are the only one to talk to. Thanks Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: blood clots

I know it's dangerous as hell. I seem to remember my dad taking blood thinner meds for that ( cumadin?). I'm sure some of the fine folks on here have more info. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Same here Don. You have to be careful. If your doctor's aren't getting you the info you need or you are not satisfied get a second Doc to to take a look at ya. GOOD LUCK Ryan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redtail View Post
    Hey people,has anyone here, had any dealings with blood clots in the leg. Found out I got one on the 8th of this month, really cant get a straight answer out of my doctors, and sometimes its like you people on here are the only one to talk to. Thanks Dave
    My friend had an auto accident in January and it tore loose about a 2"x3" piece of her lower leg. She got a blood clot that was caused from the bruising in the wounded area. She had to lie in the recliner with her leg elevated for about 4 months and was taking blood thinners to try and dissolve the clot. She said it was extremely painful and she couldn't move around a lot to prevent dislodging the clot.

There are a couple of nurses on this board and they can give you some good information. All I know about blood clots is that they can be caused from trauma to the area and they can develop without an injury, sometimes from hardening of the arteries. My mom had 2 small clots in the top of her foot and doctors never new what caused them, she didn't have any artery disease. I believe they were caused from her sitting too long on an airplane because it happened right after she came back off a trip.

You are paying your doctor's bill and have the right to a straight answer. Just ask him/her specifically, "What caused this blood clot?"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everybody and say that blood clots are not good things. You should be on blood thinners and medication to remove the plaque from arteries. My father had blood clots in his legs and he had alot of trouble walking especially up stairs. That was back in the early 80's. I could tell he was in alot of pain. But my family are not the type to go to the doctors. So he didnt get treated for his. So in the end he died of a blood clot in the heart. I hear that they can travel up the legs to the heart.They didnt have the medication back then that they do now. I would demand answers from your doctor and get put on some medication to deal with it.

Post Thanks / Like

If this is your first go around with one you will probably be on the drug coumadin for at least 6 months. If you have other complicating conditions it may be longer. Since it happened on the 8th you've likely already had the round of initial injections that keeps the blood thn while the coumadin levels get where they need to be. The biggest worry is the clot busting off and then blocking another vessel ie lung or brain....

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't want to copy and paste this information and be perceived as an expert when I'm not. You may find this information beneficial in your situation.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/blood...s/page5_em.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou, much for the reply, im takin the meds blood is like water,after yesterday they just want to send me to someone else, sad but true, I miss my time on the water so much!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to have blood clots and not realize you have them? What are some signs that indicate you might have blood clots?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post
    Is it possible to have blood clots and not realize you have them? What are some signs that indicate you might have blood clots?
    In the legs the area of the clot tends to be red, warm, and swollen - part of the body's inflammatory response...........

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, make them take care of it and don't let it go. We had a guy here in the office 7 to 8 years ago, his name was Rob McKnight. A hell of a nice guy. They found a blood clot in his calf if I remember right and told him they were going to dissolve it with medication and he would be fine, as he was a young man at only 33 years old. On his way to work one morning he never made it, he was found in the median of I-64 dead. He managed to get his car off the road and bring it to a stop, and that is where he died. The blood clot had increased with size and dislodged moving to his heart where it caused enough blockage to induce a heart attack. He was 33, strong, with a pretty wife and a beautiful young daughter.

I tell you this story not to scare you, well sorta, but to not let them tell you it's nothing to worry about, because that's what they told Rob. His wife had an autophosy done and they concluded the bad actor here was definately the Clot.

GET IT FIXED AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chubminnow View Post

Chubminnow, here's a link to symptoms.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/blood...s/page2_em.htm