Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville Help for a 6-Yr Old

I am taking my 6-yr old daughter out for her first fishing trip on the bass boat. We have fished from the banks and from the parents pontoon boat at Nolin but she has always wanted to go out on dad's bass boat. I have not fished Taylorsville Lake in 3-yrs and we will most put in at either Possum Ridge or the main marina (don't remember the name of the ramp). We will fish for whatever is suggested, I just want her to catch fish.

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taylorsville Help for a 6-Yr Old

If your goal is for her to have fun and catch fish, my suggestion is to go to a different lake. hahahhaha just kidding. Seriously, I'ld go somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Taylorsville is loaded and I mean loaded with bluegill, most are medium to small but huge numbers. Get some slip bobbers some wax worms or crickets and hit any creeks or main lake pockets. She will catch them till she gets tired. Also while doing this you guys will probably catch some small to decent sized channel catfish doing this also.

Good luck, have fun and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Taylorsville is loaded and I mean loaded with bluegill, most are medium to small but huge numbers. Get some slip bobbers some wax worms or crickets and hit any creeks or main lake pockets. She will catch them till she gets tired. Also while doing this you guys will probably catch some small to decent sized channel catfish doing this also.

Good luck, have fun and be safe.
    Thanks for the information. That is what we will do.

Barry Guest

Wink Re: Taylorsville Help for a 6-Yr Old

Bluegill around standing timber has worked for me in the past with my kids. Sometimes you can see them "setting" in the shade. The only problem is a 6 year old casting good enough :O)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Bluegill around standing timber has worked for me in the past with my kids. Sometimes you can see them "setting" in the shade. The only problem is a 6 year old casting good enough :O)
    She stands in the front yard and casts for several hours every week. I'm sure we will hang a few tree's and snags but I think she will be ok with the casting. I have a feeling we will spend more time driving up, having our lunch and driving back then we will actually spend fishing.....but it will be a big time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrentC View Post
    She stands in the front yard and casts for several hours every week. I'm sure we will hang a few tree's and snags but I think she will be ok with the casting. I have a feeling we will spend more time driving up, having our lunch and driving back then we will actually spend fishing.....but it will be a big time.
    Nothing Better!

Post Thanks / Like

Throw a night crawler out there and you can catch anything. The marina is called Settlers Trace. I wouldn't put in at the State Park/Possum Ridge because you have to go past the marina from there to get to any good spots.

Post Thanks / Like

P.S.

I wouldn't recommend anyone putting a boat in that lake on the weekend. Only on weekdays I would recommend. If ya get out there this time of year on the weekend, you might have to wait forever just to launch.
    The weekends that place is packed full of morons. Pretty much impossible to fish unless ya get way up in Salt River.