Search Fishin.com

Thread: Salt River

Post Thanks / Like

Salt River

I finally put the boat in at the new boat ramp on the Salt River in Shepherdsville. I took the kids and did not fish last night. I experienced jumping carp for the first time. It will scare the crap out of you when a 10 pound carp jumps infront of you!! The river was 2-18 feet deep as far up as the KOA. Prettier than I remembered on the river. If you like to bow fish, that river is made for it!!!! I'm going back with my nephew at night and hunt some of those carp. The ramp was nice and it was cool fishing so close to my house in the "big" boat. We kayak fish too. My other boat is a bass tracker.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Re: Salt River

Where's that ramp at? How far down Salt can you run? Can ya run toward the Ohio?

onemorecast56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HURRICANEBOB View Post
    Where's that ramp at? How far down Salt can you run? Can ya run toward the Ohio?
    Hey Bob, the ramp is in shepherdsville. You can`t run too far down cause it turns in to riffles for a mile then hits fort knox,,but you can run up river for miles if you have a shollow draft boat,,you can even take a left into floyds fork and go a couple of mile of good fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntingteacher View Post
    I finally put the boat in at the new boat ramp on the Salt River in Shepherdsville. I took the kids and did not fish last night. I experienced jumping carp for the first time. It will scare the crap out of you when a 10 pound carp jumps infront of you!! The river was 2-18 feet deep as far up as the KOA. Prettier than I remembered on the river. If you like to bow fish, that river is made for it!!!! I'm going back with my nephew at night and hunt some of those carp. The ramp was nice and it was cool fishing so close to my house in the "big" boat. We kayak fish too. My other boat is a bass tracker.

I was wondering if those carp had made it this far up the river yet. There is some pretty good smallmouth fishing in that are from the ramp up to the river bottoms.