Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up It is time for my return to the CR...

The time has come for my triumphal return to the CR. It has been nearly 7 months since I have visited her waters. Hoping to mainly FF, but going with a friend of mine that loves the spinning rod, so I'm bringing both. We might just have to have a show down between spinning & FFin!!! Who will out fish the other? LOL! I'll report back later. Take care.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It is time for my return to the CR...

Back from the CR. Went with a buddy of mine who runs a guiding service up there. We hit the water early @ 0500 and decided to throw some big swimbaits for stripers. We found actively feeding stripers immediately, and landed a 14lb striper. We had several follow baits and give it the old "bump" but did not hook up. Once the sun was up, and the stripers went down, we started with the trout. The river dropped all day long, luckily my buddy has as AWESOME river pro jet boat....cause we crossed water a few inches deep going 30mph! It was FREEKY!!! Otherwise, we would have been stuck above Rainbow Run. We caught some trout, not much, casting jerks and spoons around shoreline cover. Nothing of any size. We covered water from Winfery's ferry to the Rockhouse. I jumped out of the boat with FR on one section of gravel bar, and proceeded to catch around 8 in an hour. That was pretty fun. Biggest was a bow around 14". All in all, a good day. Water temps were around 60-61 and the water clarity was great compared to what I saw it at this past winter. Looks like the sluice gates have opened, time to wade and FF up by the dam!

Check out the striper on my friend's blog:
    http://kenglenntroutguidingblog.blogspot.com/

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RICHYD4U View Post
    Back from the CR. Went with a buddy of mine who runs a guiding service up there. We hit the water early @ 0500 and decided to throw some big swimbaits for stripers. We found actively feeding stripers immediately, and landed a 14lb striper. We had several follow baits and give it the old "bump" but did not hook up. Once the sun was up, and the stripers went down, we started with the trout. The river dropped all day long, luckily my buddy has as AWESOME river pro jet boat....cause we crossed water a few inches deep going 30mph! It was FREEKY!!! Otherwise, we would have been stuck above Rainbow Run. We caught some trout, not much, casting jerks and spoons around shoreline cover. Nothing of any size. We covered water from Winfery's ferry to the Rockhouse. I jumped out of the boat with FR on one section of gravel bar, and proceeded to catch around 8 in an hour. That was pretty fun. Biggest was a bow around 14". All in all, a good day. Water temps were around 60-61 and the water clarity was great compared to what I saw it at this past winter. Looks like the sluice gates have opened, time to wade and FF up by the dam!

Check out the striper on my friend's blog:
    http://kenglenntroutguidingblog.blogspot.com/

-Rich
    Way to go Rich !!! Good looking River Striper !

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun Rich. That is a nice looking striper.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! It was a fun trip with a good friend.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Striper

Sounds like your timing relative to TVA's generation schedule was right on.