Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Places to fish in Evansville

I dont come here often, but the place I usually fish the water is down extremely, Making it very difficult to fish with the weeds... So anyone know or some under the radar public places to go and fish with no boat required (I already know of Garvin, Wesselman, and Burdette lakes... no interest in those)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Places to fish in Evansville

There is a apartment complex on the northeast side of loyd expressway and 164. It's on the warrick county side. You can see 3 or 4 big culverts dumping into it. There are some very good fish in there. Or bluegrass. There are places to bank fish there.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill be out on Bluegrass with Paul tomorrow... That is lakeshore, my mother lived there last year so I may go over there and check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you teach Paul how to catch fish at bluegrass!!!

Post Thanks / Like

haha funny you should say that... Ask him about the keeper he swung from one side of the boat to the other and lost it.

he did tell me about a website that I just got some jigheads and skirts from to make some swim jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a buddy who makes them if you just wanna use him. He'll make any size, color and style for a couple bucks a pop. Same with spinners. He also powder coats instead of paint which lasts a ton longer. He's very good and makes them quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the link for the DNR where to fish map http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3591.htm - its pretty good and has some good spots listed . Since it got so hot I have been going very early { 5:00AM } and in the evening . Have been catching nice bass & bluegill at various lakes . A friend lives on a 12 acre lake and got out there Wed. evening and found it was a sickly green brown - heavy alge bloom from the high temps , sun and lack of rain . This lake has lots of 12-14 bass and is a blast with the right bait but nothing was hitting . Caught 1 nice gill on a piece of crawler . We are finally getting some rain here in Evansville so hopefuly the fishing will perk up .

Tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanic1 View Post
    Here is the link for the DNR where to fish map http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3591.htm - its pretty good and has some good spots listed . Since it got so hot I have been going very early { 5:00AM } and in the evening . Have been catching nice bass & bluegill at various lakes . A friend lives on a 12 acre lake and got out there Wed. evening and found it was a sickly green brown - heavy alge bloom from the high temps , sun and lack of rain . This lake has lots of 12-14 bass and is a blast with the right bait but nothing was hitting . Caught 1 nice gill on a piece of crawler . We are finally getting some rain here in Evansville so hopefuly the fishing will perk up .

Tight lines
    Can I get in on this pond? Not a huge basser, but bass in the 12-14 pound range sound friggin awesome!!!! I'd love to show up those Tenkiller bass pro snobs with a 12 or 13 pound bass that I caught right here in my new home the Hoosier state!

TGMD

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

wow....

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that - 12 INCH to 14 INCH bass . If I could find bass that big around here nobody would here about it !

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to that. I'd actually have a replica on my wall if I caught one like that. ha ha