Search Fishin.com

Thread: Newbie Here!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Here!!!

Hey ya'll--just moved out here to Indiana from Tahlequah, Oklahoma. It ain't all good, gramparents are in the decline and mom and dad thought it would be a good idea that I could make sure that their properties don't fall into disrepare. I love em lots, Yikes!

I know that ya'll probably think of us Okies as just a bunch of hand grabbin sons o beesuses, but I'm no Okie mouth breather, got a bunch of rods and reels hand made and otherwise. Mostly handmade whackin sticks, there killer--I won a long casting contest on Tenkiller just a couple years ago. All of them are outfitted with Penns (mostly 525's and squidders magged), best reels known to man as I'm sure yoll agree.

Anyway, enough bragging about myself. I'm totally lost out here as far as the big fish go. Looking for some deep holes that might hold some of my favrite species--flatheads, carp, sturgen and especially paddlefish. Don't want to hang on your leg for a tell all brothers, but just enough of a heads up that I can apply my BOOMER SOONER tecniques to these giant Indiana fishes.

Up here in Sheridan looks like that the lakes are way too shallow for my favrite way to fish--from a distance, lively baited--but that Wabash river looks mighty tasty as well as them reservoris down to the south. The Ohio? Got a longing to get back to my childhood roots and fish soum of the creeks up for buffalo and suckers and even more. Can you still spear fish up here?

Hows the bass fishing up here in this north land? My grandaddy tought me totally awsome about those fish to--mouse or a frog on top dude, WOOSH!!!!

Thanks in advanse--
    TGMD
    Last edited by The Great Maudu; 07-03-2010 at 02:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newbie Here!!!

Welcome to Hoosier land Madu. I don't think you will find any Sturgeon here and I wouldn't mess with the paddlefish if I were you.

http://indianalawblog.com/archives/2...t_mor_131.html

Post Thanks / Like

I vote we get rid of this feller. looks like trouble to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he is full of himself.

Post Thanks / Like

MMMMMM paddlefish no thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Welcome to Hoosier land Madu. I don't think you will find any Sturgeon here and I wouldn't mess with the paddlefish if I were you.

http://indianalawblog.com/archives/2...t_mor_131.html
    ?? The wabash has plenty of shovelnose

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM4A1 View Post
    ?? The wabash has plenty of shovelnose
    Forgot about the little ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont sweat them guys Maudu, they called me a troll becuase I like to fish for carps. It seems if you aint a guy who fishes for basses you arent near as welcome here.

As for me I would be glad to show you some great places ta catch some big Indiana fish. Carps, suckers, gars,catfishes......you name it and I sure know where to go.

You do much carpin? Thats my specialty but I also can catch some bigum flatheads outta them rivers all over Indiana, channels and blues too. Sounds like that might be good for you, so long as you dont ask me to go jumpin in the water and grab some big ol flathead!

Ill send you a message with my number, I aint to far from Sheridan,.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas--I swear, if I sound full of myself it's cause of the Cherokee blood running through my blood and I didn't mean to brag about my long casting powers. People round the 'Quah look at me funny too when they see the technolically advanced equipment me and my team drag out and casting halfway acrost the Hogscald arm of the killer ain't no small feat!

Thanks for the heads up on the paddlefishes around here--didn't know you Hoosiers valued the snakey critters so much. Them snaggers are a drag on us real paddle fisherman--in that article that was linked they says that they are filter feeders, but they go absolutely bonkers over a couple blue green algae pills tied up in a roe sack. Also suprised by how much they get for them dang paddle fishes eggs!!!! I guess them snootie dudes like to eat them on a cracker pineky out---haha!!! Mom would scramble em in eggs but never took a liking to them. What I like is that meat, that Sooner Tuna! Tastiest dang meat you ever ate!

Guess I have to stick to slaying other dragons then!

Looking forward to your e-mail Biggie! I've got an soft spot for them scaley critters. Me and Todd made up some of those fancy rod holders the otherday out a some pvc pipe we found in the barn and some JB Weld. Need to craft some sort of alarm here in a bit--wouldn't it be funny if I showed up on our maidin trip with an alarm made up of one of those christmas present bottle openers that says, FISH ON BEER ON!!!

Before I go out and finish working on this roof I gotta tell you fellas a story about how funny I think you Hoosiers are about your liberal law makin...so I'm fixin up this old CR80 for my nephew and got the engine turning over, but as soon as it gets going we discover that a oil hose has a bad hole. Fix it with JB Weld right? So I send him out to Walmarts and he comes back...no JBW!!! Turns out you have to be 18 to by it cause people are sniffing it??? Lemme tell you what, if you are sniffing JBWeld you are one mouth breathing idiot cause that stuff smells like the floatsome on the stock ponds out 412 just the other side of Arkansas LOL!!!!!!

TGMD

Post Thanks / Like

some people will do anything to get high. pretty bad. but welcome to indiana