Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

rod locker organizer

Hey guys, I have a 1996 skeeter zx 200. I was looking to put rod organizers in it. Does anyone sell them or can you make them. Got 12 rods in it and right now I only use about 4-5 and it is always a big mess.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: rod locker organizer

step one....remove rods you dont use... step two make yoru own organizer with sheet aluminum and PVC pipes...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by livewell View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 1996 skeeter zx 200. I was looking to put rod organizers in it. Does anyone sell them or can you make them. Got 12 rods in it and right now I only use about 4-5 and it is always a big mess.
    You can do both. You can order them from Skeeter or make your own and we have found that golf club tubes that you can get just about anywhere work real well. The golf tubes are flared on the ends so that when your rods are in them and u pull them out the rod eyes won't catch. If you use PVC pipe it's just straight and we have found they hang up quite a bit. Take plywood and drill holes for the tubes to fit and cut to fit your rod locker. For the handles you can just take a one by or thin plywood and cut your own configuration and then just screw it to the floor using some angle brackets.

Post Thanks / Like

These are both great ideas, but if you use either king board or just a plastic cutting board instead of plywood, it will last forever. We made a rod locker organizer for a Nitro with this method and it looked better that the factory organizer. Use carboard and make a template of the inside of you locker. This will take a little while, but if you take your time, it will be worth it. Transfer the template to a large plastic cutting board and cut it out. Hint, use a jigsaw on a very slow speed to cut the plastic board. We then drilled holes for the golf club tubes. The large golf club tubes are best and can be bought at Dicks, Walmart or any golf supply store. With the tubes in place, the plastic board will wedge tightly into place and not move, even in the roughest water. For the handles we used more of the plastic and cut it into a pice that was about 3 inches deep and as long as the width of the locker. We then and cut V's into it where we wanted the handles to sit. We had two rows of these, 1 on top of the other and mounted to a couple of 2x2 pieces of treated lumber which was screwed into the back wall. We carpeted the lumber. This locker now holds 11 rods and they never get tangled. It was a fun project and we had great results!