Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lebron James to the Miami Heat

Man the Heat are buying up some good players. I am surprised James went there...... but with Wade, Bosh and Beasley they wil be tough. It's gonna make some good magic versus heat games.
    The Cleveland fans are gonna hate him.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lebron James to the Miami Heat

I don't get this move at all. With his ego why do you want to be the number two guy. That's D Wade's team and I don't see James taking it away from him either. All I can think of is the warm climate and lifestyle?? Also I think Lebron James is the most overrated sports figure in the history of all sports. Yes he's really really good, but saying he's as good as Jordon is just silly. Jordon was twice the player James is. In fact James isn't even the best player currently playing, I hate him but that title goes to Kobe Bryant.

Ask yourself this question. If you had 8 seconds and the ball and need a bucket, who do you go to if they were on the same team, Kobe or LeBron. For me it's Kobe every single time.

Jordon produced titles, Lebron has only knocked lightly at the door and nobody was home.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Mark. All I can figure is he took less money and shared the spotlight with the dream of getting a title since thats what these players legacies are measured by.
    I guess Pat Riley still has enough selling power with his NBA coaching titles and pretty good coaching/Management record.

I think LeBron will be hated by the old home town fans and tagged a liar, traitor and so on from his cleveland fans since he was a home grown talent. I personally think he did too much grandstanding to make this decision but hey that's sports and it's all about being in the news.

I still think Chicago was a better fit but I'm just a fan...what do I know.

Post Thanks / Like

It will be interesting to see if the big three can coexist. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The one thing I do like is that all three players are taking less money to play together. That is refreshing to see.

Also, I believe Beasley is getting traded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the big three can coexist. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The one thing I do like is that all three players are taking less money to play together. That is refreshing to see.

Also, I believe Beasley is getting traded.
    Tim it must be the Florida way because remember the Gators had players in both Football and Basketball stay to win Championships. Those kids put millions on hold to stay and win....Maybe the idea of money isn't everything rubbed off?? Maybe the ego's?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Tim it must be the Florida way because remember the Gators had players in both Football and Basketball stay to win Championships. Those kids put millions on hold to stay and win....Maybe the idea of money isn't everything rubbed off?? Maybe the ego's?

The first thing you have to understand is that every athlete at a high level has an ego. Some are more open about it, but trust me the ego is there. It would be almost impossible to compete and be successful without enough ego to totally believe in yourself.

I think in this case, the big three see a way to compete for mulitple championships and that seems to be the driving force behind them all staying together.

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing you have to understand is that every athlete at a high level has an ego. Some are more open about it, but trust me the ego is there. It would be almost impossible to compete and be successful without enough ego to totally believe in yourself.

I think in this case, the big three see a way to compete for mulitple championships and that seems to be the driving force behind them all staying together.
    Why didn't LeBron let the Cavs use him for a trade? Can that be done once your a free agent? You know talk with the owner and say I'm leaving but I'll work with you so you can get something since you have been so good to me...something along those lines.
    I'm asking cause I don't know....seems like if he could have given the Cavs some love he should have.

Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't LeBron let the Cavs use him for a trade? Can that be done once your a free agent? You know talk with the owner and say I'm leaving but I'll work with you so you can get something since you have been so good to me...something along those lines.
    I'm asking cause I don't know....seems like if he could have given the Cavs some love he should have.

He could have asked for a sign and trade deal, but with the money the Cavs would have had to pay him, nobody would be able to trade for him and take over that contract.

As far as giving the Cavs some love, he more than fulfilled his obligation to them they never went out and got him any help. He single handedly took them to the NBA Finals without another NBA all-star selection on the roster. He put more fans in the seats and generated more money for the Cavs than at any other time in their existence.

Post Thanks / Like

He could have asked for a sign and trade deal, but with the money the Cavs would have had to pay him, nobody would be able to trade for him and take over that contract.

As far as giving the Cavs some love, he more than fulfilled his obligation to them they never went out and got him any help. He single handedly took them to the NBA Finals without another NBA all-star selection on the roster. He put more fans in the seats and generated more money for the Cavs than at any other time in their existence.
    Lol I thought that's what Shaq was! Speaking of him I wonder how he feels? Guess he has to find another team's back to ride into the sunset with....

Post Thanks / Like

Heard on ESPN that with Lebron's departure the actual value of the Cavs dropped $100 million. No wonder the owner was pissed and lashed out the way he did lol!

Post Thanks / Like

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...omment-4191017

OMG can you believe Jesse Jackson? So people actually take this guy who wanted to cut off Obamy's family jewells (Remember that hot mic incident?) seriously?
    The cavs owner was pissed but never went racial.....

Post Thanks / Like

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...omment-4191017

OMG can you believe Jesse Jackson? So people actually take this guy who wanted to cut off Obamy's family jewells (Remember that hot mic incident?) seriously?
    The cavs owner was pissed but never went racial.....
    Jesse Jackson, what an idiot.