Search Fishin.com

Thread: Lowrance X-125

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance X-125

I have a Lowrance X125 mounted on the bow of my boat. I was walking out to leave for work this morning and noticed the screen flashing. I tried to get it to power down but it wouldnt. So I disconnected the power cable and went to work. When I got home, I tried connecting the power again. It again will not power down and the backlight on the screen is on a rapid flash. Also, when you hit the power button to change backlight brightness its does nothing. If you hold the button down to power it down, it will shut off but restart automatically. The sonar also does not sound right. It sounds very slow and random. Has anyone else had this issue or have any insight to shed on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lowrance X-125

I have a Lowrance X-65 and it is doing the same thing. It started getting hard to turn on at the end of last year and then this year it wouldn't come on at all. Found the 3 amp fuse blown. Replaced the fuse and blew another 3 amp. I took it out of my boat and hooked up to a battery and tried a larger fuse. Blew a 5 amp and a 10 amp. I did get it to come on but it wasn't right. The display looks funny and sounds funny also. I'm planning to retire this one, sure it would cost too much to have repaired. I was actually out at Gander Mountain today looking at fish finders to replace it with. I basically just use it for depth so I'll probably replace it with something low budget.
    If you find out any info on it, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Lowrance X-125

I can only say one word: Hummingbird. I have had trouble with both of my Lowrance units since day one. I will never own another!