Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wilgreen lake is on fire this year!!!

Wilgreen lake is on fire this year!!!!!!!! Fished over there last week and some guy had 16lb and they told me at the dock that it's been taking 10+pounds to win 5-6hr tourneys, with several limits of fish being weighed in. I used to go over there and it only take 4-6lb to win every tourney. They said it's been like that all year. The lady at the dock said it's not uncommon to see alot of 3lbers being weighed in. WOW!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wilgreen lake is on fire this year!!!

I fish that lake quite often. Kevin Vandam couldn't catch a 16lb stringer out of there. Did you catch anything when you went? A good day on Wilgreen is is just catching a couple fish period.

Post Thanks / Like

This time of year and with the pressure that little lake gets? Maybe at night but through the day with this past heat wave I would never expect good sacks of fish like that. If someone is doing that then more power to them!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been fishing tourneys down the every week since early may and ive never seen these kinds of bags being brought in like they are this year! If you don't have 8+ pounds don't worry about winning, and for they past month if you don't have 9+ don't worry. Several night's it's took 11, 12lb. I know two sundays ago there were 2 bags that weighed 12lb, i seen them! Wilgreen is great this year i agree. Ive been fishing tourneys down there for 15 years and this year has to be the best ive seen as far as quality fish being brought in.

Post Thanks / Like

Give this thread till Friday. Come Saturday , you'll have to park on the road. The Internet Fishermen will be there in full force. LOL. Wack em.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I must really ****. I go out there in the morning, evening, or night and lucky to just catch a few let alone many keepers. Maybe some of you guys let me in on the secret. I am about to resort to dynamite.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish off the bank

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    I guess I must really ****. I go out there in the morning, evening, or night and lucky to just catch a few let alone many keepers. Maybe some of you guys let me in on the secret. I am about to resort to dynamite.
    Heck don't feel bad I have seen some good fisherman struggle on that lake!

Post Thanks / Like

The lake changes every year. Before shad were in the lake you could throw small cranks and 7 inch worms and catch 30 a day but few keepers. Now that the shad are in the lake and doing very well the fish have gotten herrington status girth on them and the bites are fewer but there are some hogs to be had in there. I have been there a couple times during the day this year and had little luck. Have not caught the first keeper. It was during spawn/post spawn. very tough anywhere. The past couple years it has started out slow, 1 keeper winning tourneys. Be patient, back off the bank and you can catch em. I am in Vegas now but plan on fishing all night Saturday at Wilgreen when I get back and I will post a report.

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Can you guys throw me some pointers? This lake fishes nothing like it used to and its a real struggle for me to find decent fish. Are people fishing farther from the bank or up in the shallows? I have tried different baits but still not a lot of success. Seems like the only thing I can ever catch fish on is a power worm. Every now and then I get some on a crankbait. Many moons ago you could hit the backs of the creeks with a fluke or buzzbait and kill them but I haven't had much luck with either.