Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Need ideas for bassboat rod holders

I need some ideas on how to mount some rod holders that can I can use for trolling cranks for walleyes and also setlining for cats while anchored. I'm putting them on a 17' Javelin fiberglass bassboat and don't want to go drilling a whole bunch of holes in the glass. I saw the little spider rig bars at Bass Pro but a)they looked flimsy for the $100 price and b)they don't look like they'd do real good for trolling.

Any of you guys have holders mounted on your fiberglass boats? I'm open to any suggestions or photo ideas here. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need ideas for bassboat rod holders

Check out Monster rod holders.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is a pretty cool setup. And from a guy right here in Bardstown...neat!

Post Thanks / Like

I used the tall Drift Masters. They are about 12" tall. Uset the star looking mount and screwed them into the carpeted wood deck. Bass pro prpbably dies not sell that model so have to just call Drift Master. Great rodholders too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    I used the tall Drift Masters. They are about 12" tall. Uset the star looking mount and screwed them into the carpeted wood deck. Bass pro prpbably dies not sell that model so have to just call Drift Master. Great rodholders too!
    Driftmasters are all I have used up until I sold my alumnum deep-v for my first glass boat and I loved them. I'm just racking my brain on the best way and location to mount the things since I'm nervous about putting holes in my hull. I just need to mess around and find a good place to mount about four of them on the deck.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch552 View Post
    I need some ideas on how to mount some rod holders that can I can use for trolling cranks for walleyes and also setlining for cats while anchored. I'm putting them on a 17' Javelin fiberglass bassboat and don't want to go drilling a whole bunch of holes in the glass. I saw the little spider rig bars at Bass Pro but a)they looked flimsy for the $100 price and b)they don't look like they'd do real good for trolling.

Any of you guys have holders mounted on your fiberglass boats? I'm open to any suggestions or photo ideas here. Thanks.
    I went with Scotty HT360 Triple Rod holders. 1 base, 4 holes, but 3 rod holders.

http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/produ...:referralID=NA

And Just $89 at Cabella's, but at Hodges Marine, http://www.hodgesmarine.com/Scotty-T...R-p/sco256.htm
    Just $68!!!!! So you can mount 2 sets, have just 8 holes to drill, have 6 rod holders, and spend just $136.

Post Thanks / Like

extreme fishing concepts . com i have got em and they are awesome for a fiberglass boat.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Ya know what I don't like about Drift masters? Yea, ya buy one base. But then ya get to buy a bunch of rod holders to hold the rods at different angles needed for trolling, downpoopling, bottom fishing. YUCK.

A rod holder with adjustable angles means you get more fishing flecbility from on rod holder and one puchase price.

Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster™ Rod Holders and Bases
    I'm not very good at copy and pasting, but I'll try. I have these driftmaster holders. they adjust from side to side, and up and down. can be adjusted to any angle you want. and are slim and nice looking, coated with weather proof plastic and very strong. this is the second year I've had mine, and I'm well pleased with them. screwed the base's to the carpet, not to the gelcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Ended up going with a 4' Driftmaster T-5100 trolling bar that removes in about a minute. I'll get some pics up when I get a chance.

http://www.driftmaster.com/Other.html