Search Fishin.com

Thread: River Monsters

Post Thanks / Like

River Monsters

Did you guys see the show, that Tigerfish is a bad hombrey. Teeth over an inch long and a mouth full of them. What a wicked looking fish. I love that show, very entertaining.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: River Monsters

I liked the "Nile Perch" episode. That thing looked like a 110 pound largemouth!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rudypoo4444 View Post
    I liked the "Nile Perch" episode. That thing looked like a 110 pound largemouth!
    That was a cool fish and it did look like a big largehead. It got nasty on the surface coming to the boat to.

Post Thanks / Like

Give it time and someone will let some lose in the Miss or ohio ar some Fla waterway, those perch would be fun on a topwater bite though, they also might eat those nasty asian carp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Headrick View Post
    Give it time and someone will let some lose in the Miss or ohio ar some Fla waterway, those perch would be fun on a topwater bite though, they also might eat those nasty asian carp.
    I hope they don't let any of those Goliath Tiger fish go, Wow, that is a nasty dude.

Post Thanks / Like

We were just talking about River Monsters on another thread. The Goliath Tigerfish was pretty wicked. The river giant stingray episode was an amazing episode as well, especially when it started spitting out babies as soon as he reeled it in. Good news is that they are shooting season three!

Check out this Q and A with Jeremy Wade. I'd like to see him on the Mississippi/Ohio River! http://animal.discovery.com/videos/r...mkcpgn=fbapl14

Post Thanks / Like

I lived in Kenya for a while and have caught both GTFs and Nile perch in Lake Turkana and the Omo river delta. I have fished in many parts of the world but nothing was as fun as my first tiger on the fly. The remoteness, mystery, and danger factors involved when fishing in a place that straddles the no-man's land of the Kenyan/somalia border only adds to the thrill of catching the pharaohs fish in the cradle of mankind! I've never seen that show but i assume that episode was in Victoria or the Zambezi. Both great fisheries but they've got nothing on Turkana.

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to see him on the Ohio River!

Post Thanks / Like
    Like a saber-toothed striper!

He also did one on catfish in some lake. May be in Missouri?

Post Thanks / Like
    Best show ever! Especially because they've stopped showing replays of FLW tourneys on the outdoor channel! That's what my mornings consisted of. River monsters still is a great show! Love the one where he catches a freshwater tarpon on a fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    The show were he was fishing at Chernobyl was pretty freaky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang that guy got my gig.....got to work on my english accent...lol I love the show.