Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle Cuda Depth Finder

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    when I bought my boat the cuda was on it, the man that I bought it from. said he bought the boat new and had used it 17 hours. I used the cuda for a couple months. and it worked good for a cheaper unit. it's yours for free if you want it. I fished with Doug, { the guy most everyone on here is jealous of his good looks } and I think I remember him saying he had a transducer or two laying around at his shop. check with Doug, if he has one, you can get it right. and you won't have much invested.
    I will do that, thanks! Sending Doug a note soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering what kinda kayak you fishing out of? And what size battery you puting in this thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    Just wondering what kinda kayak you fishing out of? And what size battery you puting in this thing.
    I have one installed in my Hobie kayak and I don't like it. I installed it with a thru the hull mount on top of bubble free marine goop, and it reads the depth wrong, especially when you are moving. Not good for structure at all. In short, it doesn't help me catch fish. I like to troll sometimes on the Ohio or the Cumberland Rivers, and if you can't use it while you are moving you can't use it.

Maybe I just installed it wrong. Lord knows I am not technically inclined.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mattador View Post
    I have one installed in my Hobie kayak and I don't like it. I installed it with a thru the hull mount on top of bubble free marine goop, and it reads the depth wrong, especially when you are moving. Not good for structure at all. In short, it doesn't help me catch fish. I like to troll sometimes on the Ohio or the Cumberland Rivers, and if you can't use it while you are moving you can't use it.

Maybe I just installed it wrong. Lord knows I am not technically inclined.
    thats the way mine was mounted, and it worked great. I have heard if you get any air bubbles in the glue when installing it, that they don't work good. I'm not saying thats your problem, but it could be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    I have a Wilderness Tarpon 120. I'm gonna use a 7 or 10amp hour battery mounted in a box of some sort. Looks like I can mount in very close to where I want to mount the tranducer.

I would like to know what kinda current this unit draws so I can determine what charger I'll use.

Post Thanks / Like

had a little problem with mine also. Gave the transducer a little adjustment cleared it right up. If you dont mount transduser properly they wont function properly.