Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagle Cuda Depth Finder

I am interested in getting one for my Kayak. Anyone use this model on any boats....if so what do you think about it? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle Cuda Depth Finder

I use one in my john boat and it is great. I mainly use it for depth, water temp, and locating the thermocline. It does show fish, but I don't use that much.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for depth and to see drops, road beds and things like that. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I am interested in getting one for my Kayak. Anyone use this model on any boats....if so what do you think about it? Thanks!
    when I bought my boat, it had one on it. I replaced it with a better unit. but the little cuda that I have is like new. I don't have a transducer for it, but the unit itself is like new. and I will give it to you if you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    when I bought my boat, it had one on it. I replaced it with a better unit. but the little cuda that I have is like new. I don't have a transducer for it, but the unit itself is like new. and I will give it to you if you want it.
    I appreciate it. I'll check out the options on the transducers and let you know but I'm thinking they will charge about the same for a transducer as for an entire new unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I appreciate it. I'll check out the options on the transducers and let you know but I'm thinking they will charge about the same for a transducer as for an entire new unit.

Post Thanks / Like

one came with my boat and I think it *****. If you turn on fish id it goes nuts with fish but take it off and nothing is there. I have gone over schools of hybrids and it shows nothing, so fiddle with sensitivity and all that and still nothing.

However it does show the bottom but structure is iffy.

I'm looking for diff one.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recommend them, had one come on my Jon boat and it was junk. Wouldn't produce the correct depth (I.e. show 54' in 4'), and picked up interference from my TM when I turned it on. Plus, I don't receive positive feedback from customers at work with them.
    Transducers run $62.99 at Bass Pro, while a new Humminbird Piranhamax150 or even new Cuda runs $79.99. Personally recommend the Piranhamax 170 for $99.99. Dual beam sonar included to provide a wider coverage area. Hope this helps.
    -Matt

Post Thanks / Like

you could always just get some goggles and do a roll now and then and have a "look"

Post Thanks / Like

i have a cuda on the front of my boat and a hummingbird in the rear on my boat. I mainly use mine for seeing the bottom and depth. I can see both of them from the back and they run fairly close to each other. had my cuda for about 6 years and upgraded to the hummingbird for the gps. moved the cuda up front for my fishing partner. I let my lures locate the fish for me. Only thing it doesnt swivel 360 degree i had to order a swival base. I think its great for the price and a small unit at that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies!

Post Thanks / Like

when I bought my boat the cuda was on it, the man that I bought it from. said he bought the boat new and had used it 17 hours. I used the cuda for a couple months. and it worked good for a cheaper unit. it's yours for free if you want it. I fished with Doug, { the guy most everyone on here is jealous of his good looks } and I think I remember him saying he had a transducer or two laying around at his shop. check with Doug, if he has one, you can get it right. and you won't have much invested.