Search Fishin.com

Thread: my spot

Post Thanks / Like

my spot

in the past there has been alot of us complaining about people not respecting other peoples spots and cutting them off and so on thing it just a few bad apples in the bunch and then im watching WFN and see this comerical kind of rubbs me the wron way and think it put a bad rep on all of us tourney guys what do you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5PfTQbWLUY

Post Thanks / Like

Re: my spot

I think it's kinda funny (obvious format of ESPN commercials) but extremely true!! Don't know how many times someone has come up to me on a lake/river and say "hey man, this is my spot"...none of them liked my response, but in the end they ended up going somewhere else. Guess it had something to do with my friends Smith and Wesson.

As for this video giving tourney guys a bad rap...probably so, but not to the extent that those few bad apples who ACTUALLY pull stunts like this on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

That is pretty funny but I don't have any "spots", the entire body of water that my boat happens to be fishing at that present moment is all MINE

Post Thanks / Like

right on ellnut.....the state is renaming cumberland as we speak in honor of me! but being the nice guy i am i am going to let people fish on a limited basis...BUT ALLTHAT SILLY SKIING AND HOUSEBOATIN IS OVER! sometimes ya just gotta laugh a little,after all it started out as bluegill fishing and was alot of fun, somehwere along the way we got serious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stripernut View Post
    right on ellnut.....the state is renaming cumberland as we speak in honor of me! but being the nice guy i am i am going to let people fish on a limited basis...BUT ALLTHAT SILLY SKIING AND HOUSEBOATIN IS OVER! sometimes ya just gotta laugh a little,after all it started out as bluegill fishing and was alot of fun, somehwere along the way we got serious.
    Put a lock on the door at Cumberland and I will do the same at Dale. You let me fish there for a Striper or two and I will let you catch a Brownie or two at Dale.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's funny but you know this idea of "my spot" has been going on for a long time and a commercial poking fun at it shows how many people hear this or have been doing it or been a victim of it. All of us who fish can relate to it but lets be fair it's not just the tourny guys.
    I think we are born with it....haven't you all heard a kid cry "that's my spot" before?

Post Thanks / Like

That is kinda funny

Post Thanks / Like

"Spots" usually get found out about in two different ways...

1. Collect a nice check after weigh in
    2. Brag about your results to the wrong people or post on-line

You gotta accept that if you do either one of these it's no longer going to be "your spot." I was recently reminded of this lesson myself and chalk it up to the price I pay; now "my spot" is just another community hole.

At first I was a little PO'd about that but in all honesty am just as guilty as the next guy. If you love the sport and spend the time doing the research chances are more often than not most of the places you fish are the result of somebody's elses success there first.

Now what I have a problem with is seeing a day 1 leader arrive at "his" spot on the morning of day 2 only to see it covered with boats. That to me is total B.S. Don't be one of those guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Squatters rights, apply as long as you are there, vacate and I'll assume your position. When I leave it's up for grabs.