Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nolin Lake Tips?

Hiya, fellow anglers. I'm primarily a river fisherman (trout, smallmouth), but next week I have the pleasure of a week on Nolin River Lake. I even found a local guy on craigs list to rent me his sweet Triton for the week.

I've never fished Kentucky, much less this lake in the middle of summer. I'm not finding any current fishing reports online, so I'm wondering if any of y'all have tips as far as what, when and how to fish that lake this time of year. I figure I may need to pick up some new baits/lures on my way down there.

I'm teaching my little nephew the joys of fishing, so would love tips on how to find the 'gills and catfish. But he'll wear out quickly, leaving me plenty of hours night and day to go after whatever sportfish make sense this time of year.

It sounds like a good lake for crappie, largemouth and walleye, all of which I used to fish a lot when I lived near Table Rock Lake in Missouri 20 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nolin Lake Tips?

I caught about 40 good 'gills the weekend of the 4th, most were off rock
    bluffs, using crickets. I heard the walleye were biting fair, of a night, jigging crawlers, off rocky banks 10'-15' deep. I'm mainly a bass'er, and they are scattered, some on deep points, some off bluffs. Have'nt heard any crappie reports....tr

Post Thanks / Like

There are alot of bluffs walls on that lake, and if you want to catch a few bass, try fishing the bluff walls that have a channel running close to it, and anywhere the bluff walls have a point on them, can usually pick up a few that way!

Post Thanks / Like

If you go early in the morning or late in the evening, you can catch alot of bass on the jumps. Drive around untill you see the fish busting on top of the water. There will be a bunch of largemouth. throw poppers and white super flukes. you will mostly catch fish from 12 to 15" but you can get in to some good ones that way. It only last for a little bit in the morning but shure is fun. you will mostly find them in coves and cuts. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are the best. I will certainly let you know how I do.

Post Thanks / Like

I been drop shotting on lower end next to dam , off deep points about 45 ft. Real slow but rewards is real good. had 3 over 3lb. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Unless the rains let up, the lake won't be fit to fish anything.....cept' maybe cats.