Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Going catfishing on the River

Finally get to go out and try to catch some catfish with Onemorecast56, been trying to get out with him for a while, and we finally get the oppurtunity Sunday. I have seen all of the pictures of the monster cats he has caught, and I am just hoping we can catch one half the size of some of those, that would be great. He said we may be able to catch some hybrids too, and I love catching those also, so it should be a good time. Will get some pictures and post if we do well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going catfishing on the River

Whatever you do, try to stay upwind from Doug!! All those years of him catching cats has left a permanent aroma on him.

Be prepared for boat breakdowns. Boats have the uncanny ability to know how stinky and ugly Doug is, and will do anything to avoid having him on board.

LOL Just kidding on Doug. You'll have a great time with Doug as a guide. Good luck and we'll be waiting for those photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we are going in my carolina skiff, so hopefully it wont breakdown, its pretty new, so maybe that will help the jinx! The good thing about the center console, plenty of room, and its all fiberglass, no fish guts, or catfish slime can hurt it, just spray it down!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Catfish slime will be the least of your worries while in the boat with Doug. It is very important to remain upwind and try not to stare not to make direct eye contact.

Keep in mind that Doug is a fairly good sied fella, but when he dies they are going to squeeze all the BS out of him and then bury him in a match box!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, if you stare diectly into his eyes it's like looking in Medoosa's eye's and you will instantly turn to stone. That's how he gets all those free boats all the time. He will throw you overboard after you have hardened and then take your rig home. Also don't drop the soap or any lures but if you do face him when you bend over.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Doug took me to his catfish holes, and then showed me how to catch them. Doug caught a nice blue, had to be 30-35lbs, the largest catfish I had ever seen, and he didnt even want to take a picture of it, said it was to small! My son had 2 hits, and missed them both, and I didnt get a bite, but overall it was a great day, I had never been to that part of the ohio river, and it was really cool, remineded me of something on river monsters. Maybe Doug will get on here and post the picture of the cat he caught. It was a beautiful catfish, and I am going to go back until I catch me one of those river monsters! Thanks Doug, it was fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya Doug has some good tips, tricks, and so forth. Great knowledge about the river/hydros. I need to hook up with him. Got some skipjack to burn up.

onemorecast56 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wishniwasfishn View Post
    Well Doug took me to his catfish holes, and then showed me how to catch them. Doug caught a nice blue, had to be 30-35lbs, the largest catfish I had ever seen, and he didnt even want to take a picture of it, said it was to small! My son had 2 hits, and missed them both, and I didnt get a bite, but overall it was a great day, I had never been to that part of the ohio river, and it was really cool, remineded me of something on river monsters. Maybe Doug will get on here and post the picture of the cat he caught. It was a beautiful catfish, and I am going to go back until I catch me one of those river monsters! Thanks Doug, it was fun.
    You guys just kill me,,,I`m posting the pic`s in the photo section,,,want to know who`s prettier..lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onemorecast56 View Post
    You guys just kill me,,,I`m posting the pic`s in the photo section,,,want to know who`s prettier..lol
    The dang catfish is, I know that already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onemorecast56 View Post
    Well, let's see. Catfish vs Doug

One is covered with slime, has little beady eyes, has a big toothless mouth, grunts when on your boat, and has no hair. Now let me describe a catfish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    Well, let's see. Catfish vs Doug

One is covered with slime, has little beady eyes, has a big toothless mouth, grunts when on your boat, and has no hair. Now let me describe a catfish.
    LOL!!!