Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking I need Black Lights on the boat?

Been thinking a lot about night fishing lately.....must be the HEAT !

Anyway, what do you guys recommend? What do you have? and what are the pros and cons for various lights. Note, money IS AN OBJECT for ME !

Thanks in advance for your comments .
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking I need Black Lights on the boat?

Gary here is a good place to start http://www.nightfishion.net/. If you need any more help E-mail me back.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the lights by "Nucli-eye". Small outfits that put out pretty good light. Supposedly they also have less draw on your battery.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought mine at, { superbright.com } and i'm well pleased with them. I installed them in the bumprail on my boat. a 36" strip of lights are 27.00 each. I installed 3 on each side. and in works great for fishing at night.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same as waterdog, affordable and work great. I even put mine on a remote control. www.superbrightled.com

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how much you are looking to spend but i would suggest a half or full moon from moonlite. I have the half moon and i like it alot. they are very small light and do not draw very many amps. I hear the nucli-eye light is nice but it is $250 and the moonlight is $120 to $140 depending on which one you get. My light has the suction cups and they hold much better than i thought they would. I don't know how close you are to the bass pro on rte 90 but that is where i got mine. This is a lot quicker and easier fix to get out there at night.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

What was the model number for the one s that you installed into the bumprail? I went to the website but didnt see them.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the moonlight as well. Very good light indeed. I have also dropped mine in the lake a couple times. Waterproof housing is a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tracy View Post
    What was the model number for the one s that you installed into the bumprail? I went to the website but didnt see them.
    I don't remember the model number, but go to { superbrightleds.com } and look for the......waterproof strips and bars, then scroll down and find the flexible waterproof bars. and the flexible waterproof bars are what you want, don't get the strips they are flat. ps. when I did mine, I made a video of the installation, and put it on youtube. it may help with the installation, if you watch it. go to youtube and type in { how to install blacklights in rub rail } it's very easy to do, and you can do it yourself for about 1/3 the cost of a dealer doing it for you. hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I don't remember the model number, but go to { superbrightleds.com } and look for the......waterproof strips and bars, then scroll down and find the flexible waterproof bars. and the flexible waterproof bars are what you want, don't get the strips they are flat. ps. when I did mine, I made a video of the installation, and put it on youtube. it may help with the installation, if you watch it. go to youtube and type in { how to install blacklights in rub rail } it's very easy to do, and you can do it yourself for about 1/3 the cost of a dealer doing it for you. hope this helps.
    Waterdog, thanks for the help. Looked up your video and seems like something even I could do (now that you have shown me how). Thanks again.

Question: If I were to put lights on the bumb rail, how far out could I expect them to shine/show shore line or fishing line?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Waterdog, thanks for the help. Looked up your video and seems like something even I could do (now that you have shown me how). Thanks again.

Question: If I were to put lights on the bumb rail, how far out could I expect them to shine/show shore line or fishing line?
    I use fluorescent fishing line, the lights that I put on my boat, will light my fishing line up about 50 ft. and the darker the night the better they work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great video!! In the past I haven't used blacklights much because of the hassle of getting them out, sticking them on the wires lying all over the boat. Think I will try this.