Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool lighted marker bouy

Hey guys, im new to this site. just joined matter of fact. I was wondering if any of you all know where I can find a lighted marker bouy? I have a friend who has one but it was given to him, and it is real handy when marking a break at nite. I,ve thought about glueing some lite sticks on a marker but would rather have one that would light up. Any idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lighted marker bouy

Welcome to the site. I don't really have an answer for ya. My first thought was the glow stick idea but I doubt it would work as the marker needs to unwind.

My second thought is to go with a neon colored marker and a black light. I can certainly see where this would have some applications..

Post Thanks / Like

You could making one, use one of those lighted floaters, catfisherman use. I'm pretty sure you can turn them on/off. Tr

Post Thanks / Like

I use the cheap square bouy and they have a hole in the end of them on the tab. I take a small glow stick, the kind that are around 99 cents, crack it and shake it up then stick it in the hole and bend it on both ends. It works great, does not come out when unwinding and will last all night long. I use 2 bouys at a time to mark both sides of the hump or best parts of the ledge, then back off and cast a field goal between them.

Post Thanks / Like

Heres one we do sometimes. Take a clear 1 liter gatorade or water bottle put a light stick in it. Get a peice of lead and trotline staging for the main line (about 40 feet), also put about 4 oz of lead in the bottle with the light stick so the bouy will stay in place and not roll around. Gives off good light but not too bright, don't have to worry about tape or glue just open the top and put a new one in.

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of a lighted buoy. If you use black lights paint the buoy with flourescent spray paint. Works great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stratos294 View Post
    Heres one we do sometimes. Take a clear 1 liter gatorade or water bottle put a light stick in it. Get a peice of lead and trotline staging for the main line (about 40 feet), also put about 4 oz of lead in the bottle with the light stick so the bouy will stay in place and not roll around. Gives off good light but not too bright, don't have to worry about tape or glue just open the top and put a new one in.
    I use Mt. Dew bottles the same way and I use the green glow sticks inside them - works great, the green glows and isn't obnoxious.

Post Thanks / Like

You could use the lighted bobbers and attach it someway. The batteries last a good while and are cheaper to replace than buying tons of glow sticks..