Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing this weekend.

I'm going to go to Red River Gorge this weekend. Planning on departing NKY Saturday morning. If anyone wants to car pool or meet there and camp together, they are welcome to join me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by colonelmeyer View Post
    I'm going to go to Red River Gorge this weekend. Planning on departing NKY Saturday morning. If anyone wants to car pool or meet there and camp together, they are welcome to join me.
    If I didn't have to work this weekend I'd be there in a heart beat Colonel.....have a good and safe trip! Report back!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you and I will certainly try. Perhaps next time?

Having some trouble finding information about access on Swift Camp Creek, although, since I'm going with the Ol' Lady, I will probably limit my fishing to East Indian. But for next time, I am curious if Trail #219 is the best way in or simply the only way?

Hopefully I will get some nice fish pics but, I can certainly deliver some fine scenery shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Despite the heat, the park was very crowded, with a sizable group camped at each site on East Indian all the way to the back of 9B. Caught one 6" creek chub on #14 Pheasant Tail under a Chernobyl Ant in the pool I camped by. Missed a large bull frog and didn't strike at to many chubs and miniature sunfish to count. Spotted two mature water moccasins sunning near the banks of two separate pools on Saturday afternoon. Saw only one trout for certain under the concrete bridge above the confluence of Indian and East Indian, though it was cool to watch the little fella jump almost a foot out of the water after a fat dragonfly. Observed what I thought to be several others cruising, no more than five but, as the water was murky a 100% identification I can not give. Two of those where over 15" and battled each other over one particular lie, which was cool to see. Not even a much heavier smallmouth bass could dislodge the winner. Learned more sitting above them watching than awkwardly casting a double rig through the crowds.