Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye In Green River?

Is anyone ever aware of walleye being caught in any numbers in Green River? I heard from the local fishery biologist that walleye are stocked in several places from the tail waters of Green to down past Lock 5 (Warren Co) but Ive only heard of people catching them around lock 5 at certain times of the year. Where do these lake erie strain walleye hold up in Green River?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Walleye In Green River?

green river lake is loaded with walleye. a buddy trolls for them and gets 20 to28 inch fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught numerous walleye at ol lock below mammoth cave. put in Brownsville motor up. Mile or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by coombro View Post
    Caught numerous walleye at ol lock below mammoth cave. put in Brownsville motor up. Mile or so.
    Did you catch them during late winter early spring like they were grouped up under the lock trying to move up to spawn???

Post Thanks / Like

We catch them throughout the year on the lake. The spring rains and recent crazy hot weather has made the bite sporadic but we are still connecting with fish during the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bg64vw View Post
    Did you catch them during late winter early spring like they were grouped up under the lock trying to move up to spawn???
    Yeah late winter early spring i know it was 22 degree that morning. Right place right time. Don't think they can make it over that lock. Its been abandoned but can"t say for sure from where we had the boat no way walleye gets up through there with out flood water. Also did overnite canoe trip through mammoth cave and caught a walleye some 15 miles above said lock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch552 View Post
    We catch them throughout the year on the lake. The spring rains and recent crazy hot weather has made the bite sporadic but we are still connecting with fish during the day.
    I appreciate the information on the lake guys but I do my walleye lake fishing on Nolin. Im more curious about walleye caught on the River around Mammoth Cave. The biologist said walleye are stocked at several places along the river but I never hear of anyone catching them in large numbers except around Lock 5 by Warren County which makes me wonder why they focus stockings in the river?