Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

less fishing time, on the water and on fishin.com

I have been laid off from work for the past 8 months, I've worked 38 years and that was the longest I've been without a job in my life. I start back to work tomorrow. but I've enjoyed the time off. I got to do something that I never got to do before. I got to pick the best fishing nights during the week to go fishing. and it's been great. and I want to thank everyone on fishin.com for all the fishing stories, tips, and pictures. that I got to read and see while I've been off work. I've read so many post you guys have posted on here, that I feel like I know most of you. most everyone shows good sportsmanship, and when someone is sick. I read on here where you guys say, a prayer has been sent. and I like that. but theirs one man on here that takes a beating, from a bunch of you guys. that are jealous of him, because the good Lord made him so handsome. and thats just not right.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: less fishing time, on the water and on fishin.com

If you're talking about onemorecast56, we do like to kid him. But seriously, I posted a prayer request for him a while back and the prayers were answered. His doctor check up results came back perfect.

Good luck on the job. I retired the 28th of January,2008 and have loved every minute it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    If you're talking about onemorecast56, we do like to kid him. But seriously, I posted a prayer request for him a while back and the prayers were answered. His doctor check up results came back perfect.

Good luck on the job. I retired the 28th of January,2008 and have loved every minute it.
    yes sir, mr Doug is the man I was talking about. and I know you guys are good friends. thats why you joke with him. and he loves it. I met Doug and went fishing with him, I think a week or so after you and Doug went. he was telling me how you caught the big cat on the limber rod. I'm glad your enjoying your retirement. I have to work a few more years. but the way time goes by, it will be here soon enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Limber rod!! LOL I was using a 7 ft Ugli-Stick Medium action. That's more of a bass rod. That ol' rod stayed doubled over the entire fight. I thought it was going to form a perfect circle. It was funnier than the commercials where the wife tries to break her husband's rod so he can't go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL your not kidding! He does take a beating...Congrats on getting back to the time clock.

onemorecast56 Guest

Talking Re: less fishing time, on the water and on fishin.com

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    I have been laid off from work for the past 8 months, I've worked 38 years and that was the longest I've been without a job in my life. I start back to work tomorrow. but I've enjoyed the time off. I got to do something that I never got to do before. I got to pick the best fishing nights during the week to go fishing. and it's been great. and I want to thank everyone on fishin.com for all the fishing stories, tips, and pictures. that I got to read and see while I've been off work. I've read so many post you guys have posted on here, that I feel like I know most of you. most everyone shows good sportsmanship, and when someone is sick. I read on here where you guys say, a prayer has been sent. and I like that. but theirs one man on here that takes a beating, from a bunch of you guys. that are jealous of him, because the good Lord made him so handsome. and thats just not right.
    Thanks for taking up for me,,,LOL,,,I realy enjoyed fishing with you,,,got a chuckle or too also,,,Hey did that cell phone ever dry out? you guys kill me..bring it on!