Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lake cumberland Raft up

I bet this is going to be a mess just like the poker run is on cumberland... can you imagine 1500 boats tied together... That means about 5000 drunk idiots in one spot... O lord wont be fishing that night lol!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake cumberland Raft up

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_King2007 View Post
    I bet this is going to be a mess just like the poker run is on cumberland... can you imagine 1500 boats tied together... That means about 5000 drunk idiots in one spot... O lord wont be fishing that night lol!!
    As a 35+year Cumberland fisherman will you please explain to me why the Poker run is "a mess" the majority of these boaters are very experinced(sp) and are only in a particular area for a short time during the day. Do you really think that the owner of a $1mil. boat is a idiot?
    The raft up is from 12 till 5pm. do you wish to fish that bank in August at that time?
    I have to check on-line for any tourney's going out at night before I will go out, try pulling planer boards or downrigging at night with a armada of Bullets, Rangers, Tritons etc. heading straight at you maxed out on the pad.
    And yes I did that been there thing, Skeeter Wrangler 1979, 71 MPH on radar.

Post Thanks / Like

Deleted your post...watch your languange on here or find somewhere else to hang out.
    Last edited by Dave Stewart; 08-02-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you like the rest of those striper fisherman that set out in the middle of the lake at night with ur bobbers out a mile with no running lights on?? A bullet wont run people over if they will turn their lights on..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm one of those mixed breeds in that I own a 19' Jon-boat, a small 14' V-Bottom and a 24' Searay...My sister and her husband will be getting tied up in that raft-up "mess" with their cruiser. Over the weekend she asked me if I was going to be a part of it...all I replied to her was; "Ain't no way!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Yea gonna be one heck on a mess!!!!! The person that thought of it oughta be shot lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bass_King2007 View Post
    Are you like the rest of those striper fisherman that set out in the middle of the lake at night with ur bobbers out a mile with no running lights on?? A bullet wont run people over if they will turn their lights on..
    Bud! I may get banned over this one but you started it. I have been a forum member on here since the beginning, my post total is low due to a site crash several years ago.
    Will you please give me a description of you're almighty Bass killing machine so that I may be able to Know who it is that I'm harassing with my 2025 Lund ProVle 225 Merc. black and grey. let me know if you want my boat numbers.
    If you search the archives you may even see a pic of this boat and myself at the first Fishin.com get together.
    And yes my lights are alway's on. Bring it to the west end I'm ready anytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRO V LE View Post
    As a 35+year Cumberland fisherman will you please explain to me why the Poker run is "a mess" the majority of these boaters are very experinced(sp) and are only in a particular area for a short time during the day. Do you really think that the owner of a $1mil. boat is a idiot?
    The raft up is from 12 till 5pm. do you wish to fish that bank in August at that time?
    I have to check on-line for any tourney's going out at night before I will go out, try pulling planer boards or downrigging at night with a armada of Bullets, Rangers, Tritons etc. heading straight at you maxed out on the pad.
    And yes I did that been there thing, Skeeter Wrangler 1979, 71 MPH on radar.
    Have you ever been on the lake during the poker run? Don't think so when you say one particular spot for a little while. THEY run from dock to dock picking up playing cards try to get the best hand . then meet back at one spot for prizes and to see who is the drunkest ...
    Lake cumberland outdoors has had their classic on that night and it is a nightmare. The IDIOTS are running full bore and it is awful hundreds of boats every where. ALSO it never makes the papers about the injuries and deaths EVERY YEAR .... Last year we took off from conley bottoms and there was 2 boats ran aground at the boys camp area . One was a good 75 yards up in the woods and as low as cumberland is that took some doing. Also they were air lifting one guy who was ran over on a jet sky. the chopper was landing at camp earl wallace. SAW IT not just rumors. The year before that one guy was killed as soon as it started . I think he was the 4-5 boat to take off. AND the year before that one guy was killed on friday before it started tuning his fountain and missed the turn in indian . The thing is over around 5 pm but they run ALL NIGHT.. and by the time we are fishing they are good and drunk.
    And as your question about a guy with a million dollar boat being an idiot.... DUH think about it... lol
    As for the raft up yea they are in one spot but they have to get there and leave when it is over they aren't going to be air lifted off the water. Don't think the parking lot at burnside island holds 1500 trucks and trailers ...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a comment that I bet you guys haven't thought about they are charging 20 bucks (registration fee ) to be a part of that raft up simple math duh 1500 times 20 = 30,000 dollars. Not only that the organizers got 5,000 from wayne county fisical court and another 5,000 from pulaski fisical court.. Your taxes at work during hard times.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha HA very funny but since you ASKED a yellow and black 06 stratos 294 pro xl with a yamaha 200 is what i will be in saturday night will prob be on the lowel end so i will be looking for ya lol!!! Dont let me wash ur plainers up on the bank lmao!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well....Poker Run, Raft Up, all the bands playing at the docks on just about any given weekend, it's all puke in my opinion. All I know is today's Cumberland sure as heck ain't the same Cumberland my mom and dad took me to all the time when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's.

Here's hoping no one gets injured during the raft up, here's hoping that no one gets so much of a scratch on their 100K cruiser, and here's to Bass King and Pro V in that they find each other and shake hands

I'm a betting man when it comes to horses...and I'm willing to bet this Raft Up doesn't hit the 1500 boats needed to make the record books. I'm betting two frozen milk juggs for the cooler, any takers?

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a typical Cumberland summertime Ohio Navy Mess to me!